has anyone ever received a reply from mr pratchett

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by shadowgirl, Oct 24, 2005.

1. shadowgirl New Member

just doing a poll to satisfy my curiosity, has anyone ever received a letter or e-mail back from Terry Pratchett ? or should i just mind my own business? please discuss and vote. cheers
  2. Electric_Man Templar

Shadowgirl, this a forum for polls and elections relating to the running and wellbeing of the site. You should have posted this in the boardania section, hopefully a mod will be along shortly to move this. I'm starting to think that we should rename this section...

To answer your question, I don't know. I've never sent him an e-mail.
  3. Garner Great God and Founding Father

4. sampanna New Member

Umm .. just a request really. Why is this a poll? (Polls seem a little sensitive at the moment :)) Seems like a normal question really, especially since the answers could be:
    1. Yes
    2. No
    3. Haven't tried
    4. Would love to try, but would need his email address

To answer your question, I haven't tried. I believe the correct procedure is to email his agent though, I'm not sure it is possible to email him directly.
  5. Maljonic Administrator

I agree, this doesn't need to be a poll; it doesn't have anything to do with people's opinions, which is what polls are generally for, and is more a questions fo facts.

Anyway, I've never actually written to Mister Pratchett for anything, apart from to reply to an email he sent to us (Marcia and I) regarding our getting married. I think Rincewind told him about it? :)
  6. Rincewind Number One Doorman

T'was indeed. I've e-mailed him a few times. He tends to be quite good at replying to people. :)
  7. Maljonic Administrator

Unless he only keeps replying to you because of your incredibly pervasive charisma? :)
  8. Pixel New Member

If anyone is thinking of bothering him with anything other than good wishes at the moment, please look here
  9. Electric_Man Templar

Posting this on behalf of Roman, who can see the boards but not post (he's using his mobile)

[quote:7483200b17]Polls. I've been seeing many polls lately.

So many polls, in fact, that they have begun getting on my nerves. Not
    everything requires a poll, as it has been already said. Please,
    everyone, try to limit the number of polls, and when you do post one
    please consider beforehand if the question requires a poll, as most
    don't. Thank you.

Now, posting on topic, I've sent an email to Pratchett once. Looking back, I fear the email was rather foolishly written, so it's no surprise to
    me that it didn't recieve a reply.[/quote:7483200b17]
  10. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I think it's partly that, but mostly becuase he really wants his family back safe.
  11. Mimiru New Member

I don't know how to find his email! Besides, I would rather not bother him...I don't have anything substancial to say (or anything that a million other people haven't said.)
  12. TheJackal Member

I've emailed him 3 times over the years, but not over the last 18 months or so. He has replied every time, perhaps because his email isn't too widely known. I once got a reply 20mins after sending it!

I actually have 3 different email addresses for him. Theyre written down at home somewhere (hope they aren't lost!). Never sure which to use!