Hello!

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Orrdos, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Orrdos God

I thought I'd start the first new topic of the new era :)

Hello and welcome to this lovely new board, if it's half as good as the old one, well, I'll be upset.

So, lets make it at least as good, and hopefully better!

:)
  2. Maljonic Administrator

3. Tephlon Active Member

Yay!

You got "First post" ! ;)

Let's kick this off.
    Drinks are on me!

By the way, I edited my profile on the old board, took out all personal info
  4. Orrdos God

Of course I got first post :)

I got first post on every new forum that was created after the Nightwatch one on the old board, except one.

Damn that Tony and his quicker response time that once!
  5. Orrdos God

Sigh.

I jsut realised that once again, I have the task of beating Mals post count. Hopefully, it'll take me less time than before :)
  6. Delphine New Member

7. Maljonic Administrator

So it begins once again. :)
  8. Freya New Member

mmmmm *cough*

Hello!

Can a Newbit join the party?

*prepares to flee*
  9. prettybutterfly New Member

hello, i reckon this forum will be as good as the old one, so i'm going to stick around and see :)
  10. McLaren New Member

Hello.

(May all of my posts on this board be as interesting as this one.)
  11. Rincewind Number One Doorman

GOODBYE!

oh...wait the other one

byegood!
  12. QuothTheRaven New Member

As the spanish say: Hola.

Edit1: make the italics work.
    Edit2: Add edit notes.
  13. Mynona Member

I was sad to leave but now we've got all this shiny new stuff to abuse... use. Yeah... use.
  14. redneck New Member

Has anyone written an anthem for Boardania?
  15. TamyraMcG Active Member

16. spiky Bar Wench

Hi

As the moving time has passed for me and the rest of you guys are tucked in you warm little beds waiting for the world to turn so you can catchup, I'm going to be so bold as to claim the first official post after the moving time ;)

We can argue semantics later, but its the only time i get to be first at anything...(I realise this is totally not going to work but it was worth a try :) )
  17. Tephlon Active Member

Nice try though. I claim second post. Again.

Edit: To explain: I'm working a night shift. :)
  18. Hex New Member

Third post.

I'm on Central US time, so I'm up while all you losers are sleeping...

well, most of you losers, some of you are here. Oh well. ;)

*pours the drinks*

Here's to the new board!
  19. Tephlon Active Member

Heya Hex, How are you settling in in the US?
  20. QuothTheRaven New Member

Fourth. Pacific US Time.
  21. Tephlon Active Member

I hope you guys noted the page before this one. :)
  22. Cynical_Youth New Member

Hallo en goedemorgen.
  23. Andalusian New Member

G'Day all! *waves*
  24. chrispenycate New Member

Good morning all- nice to see. oh buggrit, Back in a flash. doesn't it always happen when you move- had a thread on the fire in the old board, no, don't wait for me, start celebrating already… :rolleyes:
  25. drunkymonkey New Member

Yes, well, hello, now to get my avatar and sig working,
  26. Roman_K New Member

Greetings, new board. I will try to grace you with my presence on a regular basis. ;)

drunkymonkey, using Murray as an avatar, eh? I like.
  27. drunkymonkey New Member

Yah, no one can defeat the evil Murray, he will stride, er, roll through the gates of Hell!
  28. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Murry is cool.
  29. Roman_K New Member

Cool is an understatement. I can't think about Monkey Island without Murray. He's classic!
  30. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I might work on one later. :) I'm happy to be here!
  31. Hsing Moderator

Hello all!
    I collected almost 100 email-adresses from the old board. I'll do a roundmail this weekend. Unfortunately some nice "oldies" didn't publish their adresses.

PM me if you got some.
  32. OmKranti Yogi Wench

As the wife of Snails, it is my pleasure to be very late on posting here.

Hi, nice place we got. Lets keep it.
  33. drunkymonkey New Member

The third MOnkey Island might not have been the best, but it sure was funny with Murray, he was one of the strongest characters in the whole series, because he was just so funny.
  34. fudgecake New Member

lol, Murray's very cool. I still like Guybrush best though. He's so delightfully useless. :lol:

oh, and hello to anyone who's listening... no wait, reading...
  35. Silverfox New Member

Hello and how are you, so happy to meet you all again :)
  36. drunkymonkey New Member

Guybrush actually reminds me of Rincewind (the character, not the foumite) because he is so cowardly, eveyone thinks he is so useless, yet he saves people on more than one occasion.
  37. colonesque10 New Member

Hello people. Nice board. Nice people. Nice view. What more could I ever want from a board. :)
  38. Mooseman New Member

Hello all, nice to be here. Loving the games as well.

Btw, I cant find the "Hello, Please introduce yourself here!" thread. *Looks about* I liked that one.
  39. Delphine New Member

Om, I'm proud of you :)

Monkey Island ROCKS. 3 is great because of Murray and the graphics, which were obviously better than 1 and 2 and much nicer than the lame 3D layout of 4. But Monkey 2 has to be the best. 4 just got on my nerves after a while. And Murray wasn't in it enough.

Imagine creating such a great character, then only using him in the next game for one scene! Bah.
  40. Hsing Moderator

Hm... an introduction thread wouldn't be such a bad idea. Garner started the initial one on the Olden Boards with the intent that, at first, not only newbits introduce themselves, but also the old members introduce themselves to the newbits. If we took that up again, it would be pretty complete not in a historical sense for this community, but regarding the New Boards.
  41. Cynical_Youth New Member

I think that would be a good idea. Especially if your roundmail brings back "old" posters.
  42. Freya New Member

I'm sure you've thought of this but from a Newbit point of view, perhaps you might like to add details of your longevity at the HC Board in your introductions. No doubt, it's getting quite confusing for Newbies on who's who, especially with Elders who have been away for a while arriving daily.
  43. Mooseman New Member

Thinking of the Intros, what about creating a Intro Forum? we could have threads for newbits, *ahem* senior members, and people who left the board and are telling everyone they are back. Or is that a bit too much?
  44. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

We've got one of those. The Introductions, Avatars etc forum.
  45. Hsing Moderator

I have to admit that I'm not used to look at the other forums anymore...
    At the old board, during the last months, I checked on the central one, and that was it.

Should we all introduce there, then?
  46. drunkymonkey New Member

The start of MI 1 was utterly brilliant, really memorable. The reason why 3 and 4 aren't as good as 1 and 2 is because God (Ron Gilbert) didn't have anything to do with them.
  47. Freya New Member

I second that question.

Since Garner created the last one, would the GGG like to start another of his "Hello New People. Introduce yourself here!" threads in the Introductions forum, if he has a moment?
  48. Mynona Member

Been there, done that :p

Go look and reply in the introductions forum
  49. Ivan_the_terrible New Member

Did it!
    Monkey Islands rock. :)