Here comes Peter Cotton Tail

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Bradthewonderllama, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Bradthewonderllama New Member

Happy Western Easter, everyone! *cranks up movie soundtrack, JC: Superstar*
  2. Darth_Bemblebee New Member

Huzzah! The film of JC Superstar has the most terrifyingly camp Herod. And a Jesus you would love to give a good slap. And a Judas you can't help but agree with.........how has this musical not been targeted by Christian Fundamentalists?!?!

Happy Easter to you also.
  3. mowgli New Member

He is Risen :) ...

(Although in Russian Orthodox Church, He isn't due to rise for another week!)
  4. Hsing Moderator

Hm... is the whole Easter celebration set a week later then, or did He, like... stay dead longer in the Orthodox Bible?
    That's no attempt at joking by the way; I'd really be interested to learn! :)
  5. Garner Great God and Founding Father

different calanders resulting from different popes/caesars, if i remember right.
  6. Bradthewonderllama New Member

The Eastern churches still base it pretty much on Passover, which is through a lunar calendar, where the Western churchs base it purely on the solar calendar making it (about the same time as historically).
  7. Pixel New Member

Given that the claimed date of birth of Joshua ben Joseph (who as an agnostic I can accept as a possible real historic person, I'm just not sure about all the stories about him and his claims of his particular parentage), later known as Jesus Christ was to the best of my knowledge shifted to the European pagan Yule celebrations in order to make Christianity more acceptable - why does the anniversary of the [i:48ea81162e]alleged[/i:48ea81162e] date of death (a quick nod to "The Da Vinci Code" here) shift about so much?
  8. Guest Guest

I'm sorry but sod it it needs saying,

YAAAAAY CHOCOLATE TIME!!!
  9. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:27bd3c80c9="misswhiplash"]I'm sorry but sod it it needs saying,

YAAAAAY CHOCOLATE TIME!!![/quote:27bd3c80c9]

Yep, that about sums it up...