Hey from the Dwarf

Discussion in 'INTRODUCTIONS AND AVATAR TESTING' started by Petronus Piledriver, May 27, 2007.

1. Petronus Piledriver New Member

Greetings all! Here's a fresh pot of coffee (I hope you like French roast).

* 1) what formed the motivational impetus for your chosen screenname?
    I've known myself to be a little Dwarvish (no pun intended) since I first read LOTR in Jr. High almost 40 years ago. Piledriver is a good Dwarvish name.

* 2) Are you male or female? (Asking because there has been quite of lot of confusion over this, on and off.)
    Male. At least I was the last time I looked under the beard.

* 3) what age catagory and geographic location do you fall into?
    53, in the Great Lakes region of the US.

* 4) do you have good faith that a discworld movie COULD be done well enough not to suck? (note, this in no way shape or form asks about casting choices you'd like to see. i have a loaded rifle and i'm not afraid to use it.)
    I think the Hogfather movie has answered that question with a resounding YES!

* 5) who or how were you turned on to discworld/pratchett?
    There was a Diswcworld forum at a LOTR message board I've posted at in the past.

* 6) what's your personal quote of the day?
    If you can't say something nice about someone, come and sit by me.
  2. TamyraMcG Active Member

Welcome Mr Piledriver, I may be almost a neighbor compared to some of the Boardanians, I hope you have a lot of fun here, and please vote for the Frostie Vanilla Root Beer, Unless you really like sarsparilla:)
  3. Stercus Stercus New Member

Welcome, and cheers for the coffee. French roast is good for me.

I say vote for the root beer too. I'll be canvassing for cream soda soon thou. :wink:
  4. Katcal I Aten't French !

Welcome Petronus ! Hmm, that depends, does your French roast have genuine bits of French people in it ? :biggrin:
  5. Maljonic Administrator

Hello Petronus Piledriver. :smile:
  6. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Hi, Petronus! Welcome to the boards. :smile:
  7. Petronus Piledriver New Member

Certainly not! French people impart a rather unpleasant garlicky aftertaste to the brew. I much prefer folks from the Polynesian islands, who leave the flavor and aroma of coconut. :tongue:

Thanks for the warm welcomes! Sugar, anyone?
  8. Katcal I Aten't French !

mmm... coconut !