Hiccups Cure Kills

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Maljonic, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Maljonic Administrator

[quote:d44963c905="today.reuters.com"]BOGOTA, Colombia (Reuters) - A Colombian man accidentally shot his nephew to death while trying to cure his hiccups by pointing a revolver at him to scare him, police in the Caribbean port city of Barranquilla said on Tuesday.

After shooting 21-year-old university student David Galvan in the neck, his uncle, Rafael Vargas, 35, was so distraught he turned the gun on himself and committed suicide, police said.

The incident took place on Sunday night while the two were having drinks with neighbors.

Galvan started to hiccup and Vargas, who works as a security guard, said he would use the home remedy for hiccups of scaring him. He pulled out his gun, pointed it at Galvan and it accidentally went off, witnesses told local television.

"They were drinking but they were aware of what was going on," one witness said. [/quote:d44963c905]
  2. Guest Guest

That is pathetic, two people died because some idiot couldn't figure out that A) you don't play with guns and B) there IS a safety catch if you must carry it.

For gods sake, these people shouldn't be allowed into our society, that could have been a small inquisitive child or an innocent bystander!

Some people don't have the sense they were born with.
  3. Hsing Moderator

Well, poor Galvan wasn't exactly in on the joke either... You could let him pass as innocent, if having a drink and not being able to control your hiccups, plus having an insane uncle, doesn't earn you a death penalty.
  4. KaptenKaries New Member

"There, that should solve your hiccup!" *pleased with a good job*
  5. Katcal I Aten't French !

Well, my philosophy is to always look on the bright side of life (toodoo, toodododododooo...) and I must say that this is the most efficient and results-garanteed cure for hiccups I've ever heard of. Not only it gets rid of them, but you are garanteed you wil NEVER have hiccups again ! How efficient can you get.

On the other hand, why do the stupidest people in this world get to play with the guns ? I mean, does carrying a gun actually MAKE you stupid ? Does the contact of gunpowder reduce your IQ ? (Yarrrr to all pirate out there !!! ) Has anyone ever thought of putting health warnings on the Guns (and bullets, come to that) like "Shooting people can damage their health", "Killing kills", or other useful information like on the cigarette packets ?

Oh, I forgot to mention, asking dumb questions is another part of my dumb philosophy.
  6. Perdita New Member

[quote:590743e65f="Katcal"]Well, my philosophy is to always look on the bright side of life (toodoo, toodododododooo...) and I must say that this is the most efficient and results-garanteed cure for hiccups I've ever heard of. Not only it gets rid of them, but you are garanteed you wil NEVER have hiccups again ! How efficient can you get.

On the other hand, why do the stupidest people in this world get to play with the guns ? I mean, does carrying a gun actually MAKE you stupid ? Does the contact of gunpowder reduce your IQ ? (Yarrrr to all pirate out there !!! ) Has anyone ever thought of putting health warnings on the Guns (and bullets, come to that) like "Shooting people can damage their health", "Killing kills", or other useful information like on the cigarette packets ?

Oh, I forgot to mention, asking dumb questions is another part of my dumb philosophy.[/quote:590743e65f]

LOL.

I love 'Killing Kills'
  7. Hsing Moderator

:D

So do I!
    "killing Kills"!

That's not sig worthy, it should be printed on T-shirts...
  8. spiky Bar Wench

I place my vote now for the Darwin Awards... They have removed themselves from the gene pool. All is well.
  9. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:4f1844d01a="Hsing"]:D

So do I!
    "killing Kills"!

That's not sig worthy, it should be printed on T-shirts...[/quote:4f1844d01a]
    I do agree. If Doors wants to add this to his online shop, I give him full permission and only demand a 10% commission for use of my phrase.
  10. Ba Lord of the Pies

Funny. This is essentially how [i:7a746581b2]Ba[/i:7a746581b2] cures the hiccups.
  11. Katcal I Aten't French !

Yay. I'm in a sig !!! Thanks Gawain !!