Is the next SKY Discworld adaptation already in the pipeline

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by The_Red_Avenger, Oct 4, 2006.

1. The_Red_Avenger New Member

Amazon seem to think so...

What with principal photography already completed and just a bit of post production left on Hogfather, is "The Colour of Magic" already on its way?

Vadim Jean said he wanted an ensemble cast "The Pratchett Players" to do Discworld adaptations.

David Jason as Rincewind?

What do you make of this?

Normally I would take this with a pinch of salt - but you can pre-order it and surely an item has to be on its way for them to advertise it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Colour-Magic-Illustrated-Screenplay-Gollancz/dp/0575080450

RA
  2. Watchman New Member

David Jason as Rincewind? Seriously? But he's ancient, and tiny... maybe it'll be retrospective, start off with him as an old man and introduce the story that way. If Nicholas Lyndhurst could cultivate a beard then I can see him as a Rincewind far more easily than David Jason.
  3. jaccairn New Member

You can't take what Amazon say too reliably. They've had "A Sword from Red Ice" by J V Jones available to pre-order for, I think, three years now. It is yet to be published!
  4. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

[img:052739e9b7]http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2001/20010331h.jpg[/img:052739e9b7]
  5. mowgli New Member

::Sniffle::

... but they TOLD me my paperback copy of "Good Omens" will arrive by Dec.12th!!!
  6. Maljonic Administrator

[quote:2e4cf27e0c="mowgli"]::Sniffle::

... but they TOLD me my paperback copy of "Good Omens" will arrive by Dec.12th!!![/quote:2e4cf27e0c]Cool. :)
  7. TheJackal Member

How come Amazon are allowed to get away with stuff like this?
    Surely they are on the edge of illegality here by pre-selling a product that may never exist?
  8. OmKranti Yogi Wench

[quote:1339728ad5="TheJackal"]How come Amazon are allowed to get away with stuff like this?
    Surely they are on the edge of illegality here by pre-selling a product that may never exist?[/quote:1339728ad5]

Future pork werehouses anyone?

Edit to clarify: wearhouses, not houses that turn into things at the full moon. I don't even know if THAT spelling is correct. Curse my cultish non-spelling upbringing.
  9. plaid New Member

warehouses.

yep.
  10. OmKranti Yogi Wench

[quote:f0871c28d0="plaid"]warehouses.

yep.[/quote:f0871c28d0]

Thank ye, Plaid.
  11. Cynical_Youth New Member

I find myself strangely enamoured with the idea of giant, lycanthropic constructions of pork. I can just imagine this enormous, squelching mass of meat skulking through alleyways and pouncing on random strangers.

Om, cult spelling is awesome.
  12. Katcal I Aten't French !

Reminds me of the animation move Monster House... Werehouses sound like an awesome idea...