Issues With Games Section

Discussion in 'THE TEMPLE' started by TheJackal, Dec 17, 2005.

1. TheJackal Member

Not sure if there is a thread like this already, but has anyone else noticed that the All-Time Hi-Scores lists never update in most Games (for example Squid & Stab The Pumpkin, where the previous highest scores have been surpassed but not updated).

Not sure what the problem is but it's kind of annoying when you get a good score which should be top, but for some reason is not put up. Hope this can be rectified.

Apart from that, the games section is a great laugh. Any chance of some more?
  2. Maljonic Administrator

All time high scores get updated when the normal high scores are reset at the beginning of the month.
  3. chrisjordan New Member

I have an issue with Pacman!

The jellies are too cunning. :(
  4. Ba Lord of the Pies

They're ghosts, Chris. Not jellies. The difference is that ghosts are shadows of those who once were, unquiet reminders of the past lives. Jellies are either delicious spreads or oozing monsters that inhabit dungeons.

Remember, knowing is half the battle.

The other, more important half is bringing enough napalm.
  5. TheJackal Member

[quote:33c547fb52="Maljonic"]All time high scores get updated when the normal high scores are reset at the beginning of the month.[/quote:33c547fb52]

Em, it's the 3rd of January now and the scores have not reset!

Also, perhaps a note should be put above the scoreboards of each game, indicating that scores All-Time Hi Scores will be reset every month.
  6. Maljonic Administrator

It's a Mechanical Turk situation.
  7. Katcal I Aten't French !

May I suggest there be a medical warning on games like Mini-Jong, like on cigarette packages (and soon on guns) such as :

[b:c5302755cf]Mini-Jong can seriously affect your professional productivity.

Mini-Jong can be addictive.

Spending too much time playing Mini-Jong can lead to being yelled at by your boss, being fired, or carpal tunnel syndrome.[/b:c5302755cf]

Thank you.
  8. TheJackal Member

The old problem of new top scores in games not updating monthly is happening again.
    Am I right in saying they should update automatically at the end of a month, or does someone have to go and do it manually?
  9. Maljonic Administrator

[quote:956ce3222b="Maljonic"]It's a Mechanical Turk situation.[/quote:956ce3222b]
  10. TheJackal Member

[quote:00367cbd91="Maljonic"][quote:00367cbd91="Maljonic"]It's a Mechanical Turk situation.[/quote:00367cbd91][/quote:00367cbd91]

I've no idea what that means, Mal!!
  11. TheJackal Member

Wait, checked up wikipedia for Mechancal Turk. I see the light of day!