Jaffa Cakes - Cake or Biscuit....You decide!

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by missy, Jun 12, 2006.

1. missy New Member

Well as seen on Satans birthday thread, I have a quandary!

ARE JAFFA CAKES CAKES OR BISCUITS?

I don't believe they are either, my theory is they are sent from god to send you mad with worry at where to put them in your cupboards! Biscuit cupboard or cake cupboard? the shops are no help as they are usually placed in the aisle with both and usually inbetween the two!

They dont really go off like cake does, cake goes all hard and like stone after a while! but they also don't go soft like open biscuits do! (obviously they have to have a chance to do these things which left in my capeable hands they arn't)

Ok so over to you, what do you think? cake or biscuit, the decision is yours........
  2. Victimov8 New Member

Well - it is a puzzler really...
    You can't really dunk them, for a start! How can they be defined?

It really is a bugger - maybe the clue is in the name, who knows...
  3. chrisjordan New Member

They're not biscuity enough to be biscuits. They could be small cakes, but... they're not really. Satanic temptation it is.
  4. Katcal I Aten't French !

I guess in a purely materialistic view of things, they are more like softish biscuits than cakes, they're too small, flat and tough to be real cakes, and I have been known to make cookies that are about that squishy, and they would still have been biscuits if I had spread jam and chocolate on top of them...

Now this, is Demonic Temptation !
  5. Watchman New Member

lol that was brilliant, thanks Kat, I especially liked the fact the improved one was given to civil servants, nice to get a bit of appreciation for our hard work! :p
  6. Electric_Man Templar

They can't be biscuits, as biscuits are crunchier.

They can't be satanic temptations as they taste foul and I hear the devil has quite good taste.

So, unless I'm too angelic for them, they must be cakes.
  7. Katcal I Aten't French !

Upon further research, I have to review my judgement, they must be cakes. The French have no idea what the problem is (I just spent 1/2 hour explaining with no luck whatsoever) and say they are biscuits, which of course they call "gateaux" anyway. So they must be wrong. Cakes it is...