Let's have a Quick Quiz - Answers.

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Joculator, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

It looks like I set a real toughie for most of you this time.
    I'm not posting the scores from the PM's I got, I'll just say that the answers people put forward were correct, even if there weren't many answered.

So to put everyone out of their misery here they are...

[FONT=&quot]1 - Situated in Ankh-Morpork, what is the Gritz?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Its a troll hotel (Soul Music)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2 - Which vegetable typically reaches twenty feet in length, is the colour of earwax and is covered in spikes and smells like an anteater that's eaten a very bad ant? [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] A Wahoonie. (Moving Pictures)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3 - We all know the Bursar. But what is his name?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Dr A. A. Dinwiddie[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]4 - Who is Mr. Brown?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] The locksmith, employed by Teatime in the Hogfather.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You buggers, trying to confuse an old man. You kept insisting Mister Brown was a name adopted by one of the Auditors in The Thief of Time.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Sorry, I checked and to quote pTerry… 'Mr Jeremy, these are my... associates,' she said. 'Mr Black. Mr Green. Miss Brown. Miss White. Miss... Yellow. And Mr Blue.'[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]5 - Who was Lettuce Knibbs?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Lady's maid to Queen Molly of the Beggars' Guild (Men at Arms)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]6 - What was the name of the ratcatcher at the Opera House?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Mr Pounder. (Maskerade)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]7 - Who taught witching to Granny Weatherwax?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Gammer Tumult and possibly Nanny Gripes (Equal Rites)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]8 - What was the name of Mort's father?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Just to put everyone out of their misery in trying to recollect… Lezek (Mort)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]9 - Who was Zebbo Mooty?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] He was a thief, third class, who was killed by the dragon in Guards! Guards![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]10 - What position did Big Fido hold in the Dogs' Guild?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Chief Barker. (Men at Arms)

Well done everybody. I promise the next time I set a few questions they won't be so in-depth. (probably) :D

[/FONT]
  2. mazekin Member

And the worst thing is, as you read the answers, you find yourself nodding, thinking, yes, I remember that...why the heck couldn't I have remembered that when he posted the darned quiz!:smile:
  3. Tephlon Active Member

5 out of 10.

and dammit: Lezek....
  4. charishawk New Member

OMG. I totally knew the title was Chief Barker, but thought, "Nah, that sounds too easy." Heh.