Londonaugustembercon 08

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Katcal, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Katcal I Aten't French !

So... Yet another bunny invasion is planned in London from August 30th to September 3rd, this includes a weekend, so we was thinking of maybe extending an invitation to a general assembly of all those willing to have a nibble and a swig and possibly even a laugh or two...

Any takers ? :bunny:
  2. Maljonic Administrator

I'd love to but Marcia and I will be in the middle of the Atlantic ocean at that time.
  3. Katcal I Aten't French !

Fah, a likely excuse... as if I'm going to believe you can swim that fast even just to get away from me... :D
  4. Maljonic Administrator

Actually Marcia will be paddling the pedalo while I sit back and read the biography of James Robertson Justice.
  5. Tephlon Active Member

I will look into it. No promises.
  6. mazekin Member

Sorry hunny bunny, but: no money + no holidays = no londonaugustembercon 08. :sad:
  7. Sunna New Member

You know,I think I might be in the UK at that time
  8. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

A generous offer, Kat but unfortunately a bad weekend for us. We'll be knee deep in sticky, noisy kids at the local fete. After all these years and we still volunteer to help :sad:
  9. Katcal I Aten't French !

Maz, no worries, we'll have an Eirecon one of these days ;)

Sunna : Yay!

Joc: boo. May you be hit by an unusually large and smelly cheese.
  10. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

I thought it would have been potatoes, now you've moved. (Ah, the joys of common stereotyping.)
    At least I've now got another raffle prize towards our aim of getting a local school a new Mobility Bus.

Maybe next year you may pluck up the courage to come up for a Northeastacon, our whippets love bunnies. Honest! :biggrin:
  11. Katcal I Aten't French !

So for some crazy reason you think Ireland doesn't produce large smelly cheeses? Oh how innocent you are, you young inexperienced thing you...
  12. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

You sweet talking little devil... and wrong on every count!:D
  13. Katcal I Aten't French !

Bump? Anyone around at that time? I may just bring food bribes...
  14. jaccairn New Member

I can probably make it.
  15. Rewr New Member

Alas no can do!

I have the DWcon as my main holiday this year, so could not make the trip to London. Also I am booked to go to a Viking festival which runs from 30 August, which is just up the road a bit (thankfully the fuel prices have come down a bit - we were planning on camping nearby but OH says no).
  16. Katcal I Aten't French !

C'mon peoples... the day is getting closer, what shall be done?

Oh and just to annoy Doors: I have a dinner lined up with Geoff and the guys, yes indeed! **does a little victory dance**
  17. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I shall be in Miami...on a work expenses paid trip...staying in a beachside hotel with rooftop pool. :)
  18. Maljonic Administrator

Those rooftop pools can be a killer for sunburn, so just be careful out there.
  19. Katcal I Aten't French !

Surely pasty white englishmen never get sunburns?

Pah. Your excuses are all lame, it's not as if I didn't give you a whole 3 weeks notice to rearrange your lives. Damn you all.

Sunna? Jacqui? Are you guys still around?
  20. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Corrected.
  21. Katcal I Aten't French !

true, they don't, but what does that have to do with you? :p
  22. jaccairn New Member

Yes, still around. Any suggestions as to time and place. I'll be staying at my parents in Sevenoaks so only 40 mins from Charing Cross
  23. Katcal I Aten't French !

How's about Sunday afternoon, we can meet up at Charing Cross and take it from there ?

Sunna ? Will you be around ?
  24. jaccairn New Member

OK. Are we likely to be doing any travelling by bus or tube just so I know what train ticket to get. I get a choice of 4 trains an hour, the longest gap between them being 18 mins, so if you'd like to approximate a time it should be easy to meet (British Rail permitting).
  25. Katcal I Aten't French !

Hmm, I don't really know Charing cross that much, so I honestly have no idea if there's much to do around there or if we'll need to go elsewhere... I'll PM the time and meeting place along with my phone number just in case...