Meeting people on the Internets: An anouncement

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Orrdos, May 1, 2006.

1. Orrdos God

So.

In that other thread, I mentioned that I was in a board couple. But who is the other half?

Well, anyone that went to my website and read it or my blog should know by know.

The lucky lady is: Ella!

Ella being delphine for those that don't know.

I know that a lot of you know already, but I thought it was time to make it all official on the board.

Sadly, at present there is the annoying distance factor to take into consideration.

But, that won't be a problem forever. And, she's more than worth it. She makes me happy in a way that I never thought was possible :)

So, there you go. The worlds worst kept secret is now out :)
  2. Saccharissa Stitcher

[quote:515019d22b]So, there you go. The worlds worst kept secret is now out :)[/quote:515019d22b]

At least you have the courage to admit as much :p

I have congratulated you over IM and I will congratulate you again. May your love grow every moment twice as strong as it was the moment before that :).
  3. chrisjordan New Member

*sniffs*

This is such a beautiful thread! I am almost moved enough to sacrifice a puppy in your honour.

But... in all seriousness... GO YOU! :)
  4. Hsing Moderator

I second that. :)
    The Lord of the Doormen and the Saviouress of the Groovyverse...
  5. Saccharissa Stitcher

A royal wedding :D
  6. Delphine New Member

shock!!!

I bet you're all secretly gobsmacked. :)

We didn't announce it on the board straight away, obviously, but I think anyone who looked in my board album might have had a suspicion... Oh well, now everyone knows! Huzzzah!

Also, a note for Ba:

HA! SOMEBODY DOES LOVE DOORS!

:)
  7. Hex New Member

It's about time you came out with this Doors! I knew AAAGES ago *smug look*

Nah, in all seriousness, woo for you two. You rock, and the distance won't last forever! I'm happy for you :)
  8. Hsing Moderator

Well, you [i:6ff0bf3c37]did[/i:6ff0bf3c37] start out on the same continent... Still, I wish you that God lets it rain train tickets until the distance related circumstances resolve.
  9. Maljonic Administrator

It's all so super. :)
  10. spiky Bar Wench

Ahh so sweet and its good to see that you've stopped being related on msn cos that was a little disturbing :cooler:
  11. mowgli New Member

:) Mazel Tov! Double the cool and crazy fun!
  12. Bradthewonderllama New Member

13. Ba Lord of the Pies

Delphine may have fooled the others, but Ba knows the truth. She discovered Doors is about to inherit a fortune. She plans on becoming a black widow murderess... again! She's simply swallowing her dread at the thought of being married to Doors until she can get her hands on the money.

*Secretly siphoned off the money to purchase more pie*
  14. Garner Great God and Founding Father

The missus and I were talking once, I'd relayed a conversation I had with ella where I said "We all knew ages ago, man." and she said "What I don't get is how you all knew before we did!"

Grace thought about it for a fraction of a second...

and then shouted "SNAIL!!!!"

it was a laugh riot at the garner place, lemme tell you.
  15. KaptenKaries New Member

16. Andalusian New Member

:lol:

Congratulations to the both of you. I hope the distance situation is resolved quickly, though all you Europeans seem to live suspiciously close to each other already. ;)
  17. Katcal I Aten't French !

So... Ella... nice name for a sheep... :D

Aww, come on guys, even [b:a76ecc4647]I[/b:a76ecc4647] knew about it !! But hell, at least this thread is a neat place to congratulate you both... Well, at least to congratulate Doors... Good luck, Ella ;) :D (Seriously, I wish you both the very best, and stick to it, there are plenty of examples of long-distance internet-based relationships that DO work out fine, and over far greater distances than that ;) And wherever it starts, a successful relationship is a wonderful thing, so Hurray for you both ;) )
  18. Guest Guest

Thank god for that! i was wondering how long it would take you to announce it all official like! Congratulations both, may you always be happy!

Even though you are far apart, you will always be close to each other!
  19. Pixel New Member

So I did spot it correctly! Congratulations to both of you - distance can be overcome - I know several long-standing couples here in Brussels who started off in separate [i:7196175cde]countries[/i:7196175cde], as did certain people on this board - it can be done!

But this still doesn't answer my question in the other thread - who are the fifth couple? And are they alliterative? And can they stay if they are not? Note that the couple who flounced out in a huff weren't! :)
  20. Tephlon Active Member

Heh, congrats for making it official.

Like Hsing said, at least you're on the same continent....

The "Mrs Orr" on MSN stood out, especially all the avatar photos....

21. roisindubh211 New Member

awww.... Congratulations!

(don't feel bad, Delphine, it happened to me, too- most of my friends noticed I fancied my current boyfriend before I'd copped it...I was surprised at their lack of astonishment when we got together)
  22. Hsing Moderator

Same thing happened to me. Months before we made up our minds, a colleague saw us leaving for a drink after work together, and called after us -in front of the entire gang- :"Now, is it finally working out with you two or what?" Kind of annoying, really.
  23. sampanna New Member

Cool, congrats :)

Now the only thing missing is Rinso finding a ring that makes him a Duke!
  24. roisindubh211 New Member

I just remember mentioning to a friend that I thought I was starting to have a crush on him, and she said "Well, I thought it was kind of obvious last weekend". When I thought about it, I realised she was right. I still get teased about it and it was over a year ago. (thank goodness for observant friends!) :lol:
  25. Katcal I Aten't French !

Oh, well, I'll join your club, Hsing and roisin ! I hadn't mentioned it to anyone, even though it was love on first sight on my part, but he had been whining at all my friends that he didn't dare ask me for months, so I guess... And besides, we were best friends, and still are, so It was kind of obvious...
  26. Perdita New Member

For some reason - I thought that this was already public knowledge!

Anyway congratulations folks!
  27. Maljonic Administrator

That's what everyone thought who was told I think. :)
  28. Tephlon Active Member

Obligatory Comic book guy reference:

WORST. KEPT. SECRET. EVER
  29. Electric_Man Templar

It was a secret?
  30. Garner Great God and Founding Father

only to Ella.
  31. Orrdos God

Awwwww.

Thanks guys :)

It really does mean a lot to us :)
  32. chrisjordan New Member

33. Perdita New Member

Can you clue me in as to who the five couples are who met through the boards? - I think I've worked it out but can only count 4!
  34. Guest Guest

Perhaps the 5th couple don't know they should be a couple yet (like Ella and Doors) and this is just a shove in the right direction as Doors can't stand to be the only one (with Ella) who didn't know that they were meant to be together!

Either that or the other couple are a secret and don't really want people to know! Either way! :D
  35. Marcia Executive Onion

[quote:48d7fd8aa3="Maljonic"]That's what everyone thought who was told I think. :)[/quote:48d7fd8aa3]

I thought there was a public announcement already, and I must have missed it. Which would have been typical.

Anyway, hugs and congrats you two :D
  36. Delphine New Member

awwww. Heartwarming to the max! Even though everybody (on the planet) already knew, it's nice to make it all official. I'm very happy :)

Thanks everyone, it does mean a lot. Thanks for your congrats, and your wishes of luck, and of train tickets falling from the sky, and things. You're all so smashingly lovely.

37. Cynical_Youth New Member

I did already know, but I don't think I congratulated you two. So, congratulations!

I wish you many cheesy love songs to listen to. :)
  38. QuothTheRaven New Member

Why I am still single: Because having a girlfreind is just so... gay.

That said, best wishes to Doors and Ella.
  39. spiky Bar Wench

[quote:5c28f9c544="QuothTheRaven"]Why I am still single: Because having a girlfreind is just so... gay.

That said, best wishes to Doors and Ella.[/quote:5c28f9c544]

Only if you too, are a girl. That said there is something to be said for the single life. As someone who has recently taken up cohabitation with their significant other, the freedom to sit on the couch all day in your flannelette pajamas eating 2 minute noodles and watching chick flicks to your hearts content, suddenly has a strange attraction when you can't do it...
  40. mowgli New Member

That's why you put "must like flannel pjs, chick flicks and instant noodles!" into your list of mate requirements ;)
  41. Bradthewonderllama New Member

42. spiky Bar Wench

[quote:ca96c65298="mowgli"]That's why you put "must like flannel pjs, chick flicks and instant noodles!" into your list of mate requirements ;)[/quote:ca96c65298]

But who thinks of these things prior to co-habitation... they're always things that get added to the list after its too late. Oh for more foresight.
  43. redneck New Member

I guess my future significant other will be lucky. I enjoy sitting in the living room, eating reheated pizza, and watching movies. I like chick flicks, but a single guy can get really depressed watching lucky couples hit it off all the time.

And congratulations to Doors and Ella.
  44. jaccairn New Member

Congratulations to both of you. :D
  45. fairyliquid New Member

well I am increadibly ignorant...I didn't have a clue.

Congratulations.
  46. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:4454b48427="fairyliquid"]well I am increadibly ignorant...I didn't have a clue.

Congratulations.[/quote:4454b48427]

Yay !! Ella, we have found an undersnail !!! :D
  47. OmKranti Yogi Wench

You guys rock hardcore!!

Congrats and all that lovely stuff.
  48. Roman_K New Member

Admit it, Doors, you were just too lazy to make this announcement until now. ;)

Congratulations, you two. May your life be filled but joy.