Message Board RPGs

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Jockles, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Jockles New Member

I am curious about 2 things regarding RPGs on this forum, although they are slightly linked:

1) is the "A Board Oydessy" an RPG written by people on this Forum?

2) if not, has there been a Role Player Game on this Forum before?

I personally have an affinity for RPGs, especially ones set on the Disc (have been part of 3, 2 of them on-going) and am wondering wehther anyone would be interested in starting another/a new RPG. I personally would like it to be a Discworld-Fanfiction style RPG, but I am open to suggestion regarding setting and themes.

The story line is generally made up as we go along :D with the theme as a kind of springboard.

For example, A Taxing Time Ahead is an RPG that tackles the suggestion at the end of Making Money about canging the Tax Office. We don't use Moist, but there are a series of ex-convicts (the Characters that are Role-Played) who are attempting to build up the tax Office into a force to e reckoned with.

Thanks, and let me know what you think

Jock
  2. Tephlon Active Member

3. Jockles New Member

looking at those, it doesn't appear to be a RPG insofar as I understand RPGs...

the silly one is just... silly, to be frank :lol: :razz:

The Unseen Movie one is a little weird also... I am confused by it very much. It's very unclear exactly what is happening (I presume that they all know what they're doing, but it makes no sense to me)... maybe it's just the screenplay format that got me confuzzled... *shrug*
    And it doesn't appear to be doing very well...

Maybe the RPGs round here aren't for me...

thanks

Jock
  4. Tephlon Active Member