Mister Miyagi has died.

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Maljonic, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Maljonic Administrator

2. Hsing Moderator

3. Hex New Member

:(

He will be missed.
  4. Saccharissa Stitcher

He reconciled my mam with the idea of martial arts as a sport and not as a brutal occupation and if you knew my mam you'd know what an achievement that is.
  5. mowgli New Member

Mr. Myagi rocked! Sayonara, Noriuki Morita!
  6. Bradthewonderllama New Member

7. Mynona Member

"Wax on. Wax off"
  8. TheJackal Member

I thought he'd died years ago. Never realised he was 'only' 74; looked much older than that
  9. TamyraMcG Active Member

He'll always be "Arnold" to me.
  10. spiky Bar Wench

'Danielsan' no more... :(
  11. Hermia New Member

Actually, I think it was Pat Morita who died recently, not Mr Myagi!

We loved Mr Myagi. He always reminded us of a Chinese version of my father-in-law, if my father-in-law was a Karate-guy rather than a civil servant. Small and wise with a little beard, anyway.
  12. colonesque10 New Member

:(
    That sucks.

Karate kid was one of those films I watched evey Christmas as a child, I loved it. :)
  13. Rincewind Number One Doorman

He was also great in big trouble in little china. :(
  14. koshu New Member

[quote:8250310c0c="Mynona"]"Wax on. Wax off"[/quote:8250310c0c]

Then there's "Paint up, Paint down" :cry:
  15. Maljonic Administrator

[quote:b9cf9df67b="Hermia"]Actually, I think it was Pat Morita who died recently, not Mr Myagi!

We loved Mr Myagi. He always reminded us of a Chinese version of my father-in-law, if my father-in-law was a Karate-guy rather than a civil servant. Small and wise with a little beard, anyway.[/quote:b9cf9df67b]He's Japanese not Chinese, both the character and the person - and so is karate. :)
  16. Hermia New Member

I know, someone pointed this out to me over the weekend, and I thought of my post and [i:fa5594adbc]cringed[/i:fa5594adbc]! I'll go hang my head in shame now.
  17. Katcal I Aten't French !

Aw gee, hubby is gonna be really sad... He's a real martial arts fan, my man... Sad to see a well-known face go, although I wasn't a great fan...
  18. koshu New Member

THere is a showing of karate kid two on tv coming up soon.
    That is its on in england. not sure wen or were but I know its there :)