More Terrorism

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Electric_Man, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Electric_Man Templar

Unfortunately, it never goes away.

Hopefully our Indian members aren't affected. Sam should hopefully be far away in the south.

Thanks to Roman for bringing this to my attention.
  2. Hex New Member

3. spiky Bar Wench

The reports this morning said that there had been 160 confirmed dead, lots of injured and no foreigners on the trains (which surprised me with Mumbai being a bit of a Mecca).

There has been no word yet on who did this, but they should all go to hell and die!
  4. sampanna New Member

It's 171 dead now, and seems to be climbing. There were 5 blasts in Srinagar as well, I think the suspects are some section of the Lashkar E Toiba. Bombay has repeatedly been a target of late :(
    The government jammed all the mobile phone networks immediately, to prevent any backlash due to the rumour mills .. sadly, there are people who instigate the mob into rampages after such an event, instead of getting together and helping each other.
    As Ben said, I'm safe way down South ..
  5. Hsing Moderator

I'm glad to hear that, I wouldn't have known, from the top of my head, where to locate you...

:( I hope the survivors get any kind of help soon, instead of people using the horrible events for their own agenda.
  6. Katcal I Aten't French !

Glad to hear you're ok Sam, like Hsing, I wouldn't have been able to place you on a map, although I guess I could have checked the user's map...

Terrorism sucks like hell... I'm running out of things to say when I hear about another terrorist attack, and at the moment it seems to be at least one a day, and that's just the stuff we hear about here... Bloody humans. :evil:
  7. TheJackal Member

I just saw a quote that said: Fighting for peace is like shagging for virginity!

It reminded me of the whole pointlessness of these guys doing what they do. Surely the God they believe in preached about being kind to others & all that...
  8. missy New Member

There are alot of evil bastards in this world and no matter how nice and kind we are to each other, the cranks and bastards will always do something like this to shock the hell out of us!
  9. Bradthewonderllama New Member

10. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Yikes. My heart goes out to all the people who were hurt directly or indirectly by these attacks. :(

Whenever I hear of events like this, I wish that something could be done to try to understand the minds and motivations of the people behind it, so that we could fix our world society to reduce the chances of it happening again. Unfortunately, humanity as a collective seems more interested in revenge, to make them feel better now, than repair and rehabilitation, to stop repeats of this kind of thing in the future.
  11. Angua_rox New Member

:(
    Not good.

Like Katcal, I'm running out of ways to express my outrage and sympathy.

Jackal, that is like one of my favourite quotes! I think it sums up the whole thing fairly neatly.:(
  12. Saccharissa Stitcher

I'm very glad you're safe Samps.
  13. Bradthewonderllama New Member

[quote:0deb6caae7="Buzzfloyd"]Yikes. My heart goes out to all the people who were hurt directly or indirectly by these attacks. :(

Whenever I hear of events like this, I wish that something could be done to try to understand the minds and motivations of the people behind it, so that we could fix our world society to reduce the chances of it happening again. Unfortunately, humanity as a collective seems more interested in revenge, to make them feel better now, than repair and rehabilitation, to stop repeats of this kind of thing in the future.[/quote:0deb6caae7]

One of the problems, I think, comes from the old adage "You can't please all of the people all of the time". Lots of political issues are solved through compromise between governments. But not everyone is going to love those compromises. Some may even think that their government betrayed them. Throw a bunch of those people together, and you have a political action group. Throw in a willingness to use violence, and you have potential terrorists. So, it's not really about solving the underlying issues. Because other people will have other issues. It's about getting people to not consider violence as a resort. And, I think that you'd have to change humanity itself in order to get us to eschew using violence as a resort.
  14. sampanna New Member

The police found a bomb in a Bangalore bus. It's believed to be a Naxalite deed, but people are a little worried, especially after the terrorist attack on IISC Bangalore last year.
  15. Bradthewonderllama New Member

16. Katcal I Aten't French !

:( <= bob says it all.
  17. OmKranti Yogi Wench

I have called my dad to make sure that some of my family that I still have there are ok. I think they are on the southwest side of India though. This is such a shame. The world is going nuts man, nuts.