Music Links

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Hsing, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Hsing Moderator

Yeees, yes, another link collection... shame on me.

But still, some of you might like these links.

www.pandora.com
    Program your own dradio station, and it will introduce you to songs you might like, basing on what you hear, and on a music genealogy database. The first ten hours are for free, and you can program several "stations" (it's pretty self explanatory).

www.music-map.de
    Yes, it's in German, but If you know that "Landkarte" means "map", and "Musik" means "music", you should be fine.
  2. Cynical_Youth New Member

Great sites, although they mostly remind me of the fact that I know too many modern rock bands.
    Thanks. :)

I enjoyed listening to Dead Can Dance, btw. It's very different from what I usually listen to, but in a positive way.

There is a song by a band called Greenwheel I'd not like to send to you. Is that okay? Shall I not send it to your gmail-address?

Edit: legal matters.
  3. Hsing Moderator

Yes, thank you! :)
    Gmail doesn't mind huge files...
  4. davobanavo New Member

Are they as good as Chevelle? (Shner Shner Shner) :p
  5. Andalusian New Member

Those are some good sites Hsing :)

I really like the first one, the first song it gave me was a live version of Hawkwind - Masters of the Universe I'd never heard before! Awesome.

Mostly the site I love is launch.yahoo.com because its unlimited and free. It is missing some artists that haven't released anything in Aus yet, but theres so many listed it doesn't really matter. I've got about 640 artists in regularish rotation on my station, and always getting more. Love it.

I like Dead Can Dance, but haven't been able to find any of their stuff to buy. Has anyone got any mp3s they could send my way?. Loreena McKennitt is quite similar and she is one of my favourite singers.
  6. Dane New Member

I haven't got a chance to have a proper look around the first site but it looks cool. It gave me transatlantiscm by Death Cab For Cutie. I allready have this song but it is a damn good one :D Second it gave me the river shades by the radar brothers which i quite liked. However it all went pair shaped when it gave me H.I.M. I hate HIM they suck. and it was going so well
  7. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

This is all legal, right?
  8. Hsing Moderator

Yes, it is. :)
  9. Hsing Moderator

10. Nocomply New Member

That Pandora link was sweet. And I love that they note Napalm Deaths use of "subtle vocal harmonies" :D
    Sadly, there was no hits on my favorite bands, but they might be a tad underground.
  11. Hsing Moderator

More music links. All legal - as far as I can tell.

musicmesh - a new way to discover music

For those os you who play in a band, speak/read basic German, and want a chance to play on a festival:
    Here's a contest for young artists. everyone can upload two mp3's and participate in a voting; the winners enter the program and play on an Open Air Festival this summer. You can also listen and vote.
    Open Flair Bandcontest 2007

For the iTunes users among you (which I am none of, but I thought you might like this):
    barbarian software | magnetosphere

And for information only, because I know some of you liked Pandora:
    How to: access Pandora from outside the US
    As the site doesn't contain any protected material, just a tutorial as to how to... I can't imagine there is a problem. If you're not sure though, I will remove the link.

Ah, linking is so much nicer on the updated boards! :cool:
  12. spiky Bar Wench

I will have to try this Pandora website out... this looks promising.
  13. Hsing Moderator

14. Maljonic Administrator

Thanks Hsing, I actually quite like some of the first stuff on the list.
  15. Electric_Man Templar

Speaking of free albums, has anyone else got the new Radiohead album yet? They aren't releasing it as a single CD (except in a massive bumper pack for £40), they are just releasing it as a download, where you can pay anything you want from nothing up to £100.

It's a good idea I think, although they are putting a lot of trust in their fans to not get it for nothing, the fact they are giving them that trust means they are more likely to pay. Plus it allows people who wouldn't normally to get a Radiohead album to 'try' them for free, which could lead to sales of previous albums. Maybe it will be the future of album releases...
  16. Katcal I Aten't French !

I thought I had heard that there was a minimum fee for technical stuff, like 5p or something, but it doesn't look like it on their site...
  17. Electric_Man Templar

I had a 45p surcharge for paying with my card, but I'm guessing that wouldn't be applicable if you got it for free?
  18. Katcal I Aten't French !

Yeah, that must be it, to pay for the secure payment expenses...
  19. Hsing Moderator

Once a year, music links.

This is nothing too special, radio stations from all around the world in good quality (you can search via world map etc).

RadioBeta - Your tune to the world
  20. randywine Member

21. Roman_K New Member

Jogli

Posted it once before, but might as well make it available here as well.