New Discworld Cover Art

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by goldGOLDgold, Sep 27, 2005.

1. goldGOLDgold New Member

I found a whole bunch of old Discworld books in a bookstore near me (Sydney) with covers I had never seen before. They're mainly black with a few pictures on them. I think they look really good. I don't know if they're like only in Australia or something, if anyone knows could they post it here?
  2. Electric_Man Templar

They're the new, 'adult style' cover. I don't think they've got one of those style covers for all the books yet, but I've definitely seen up to Pyramids in my local book store (I'm in England) and possibly further.

The thinking behind it is to snare all the toffs who won't read Discworld because the covers are too garish.
  3. Roman_K New Member

Sadly, the new covers are very odd indeed to my eyes, and will probably have the undesired effect of keeping the younger and less serious crowd away from the books.
  4. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I personally think they make them look like women's erotic fiction. I don't like them at all.
  5. colonesque10 New Member

The cover art on my special ones is quite minimalistic and reserved but still looks good. Also the Leather and Gold binding makes up for it. And it has a nice two page picture of the Discworld Mapp, front and back. Those books ROCK!
  6. Roman_K New Member

Yes, they do, don't they? Not all of them are like that, but those that are make me cringe.