Nothing substantial, really

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Hsing, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Hsing Moderator

2. Maljonic Administrator

I'm going to an art exhibition on Tuesday run by a course I went on years ago. I get invited to the exhibits in the end of year debut show from time to time because of being an alumni and it always kind of puts me in an arty mood.

Anyway, looking at some of the those light sculpture type things makes me wish I'd thought of that when I was at art college, makes me wish I was showing something like that in my final show on Tuesday evening.
  3. Hsing Moderator

I think I know the mood, even though I never was at an art school to begin with.
  4. Maljonic Administrator

Oddly enough my friend Neil, who's work we went to see really, made something with very similar shapes only out of wood and some specially formed concrete that was mixed with powders to make it look like corroded metal.
  5. Hsing Moderator

6. Hsing Moderator

Something completely different, but why not here...

In the Booth 1

I absolutely love phone booths. I was thinking of making a phone booth photo competition. But not everybody has a scanner - mine for example is broken - and phone booths are soooo analogue... :)
  7. Maljonic Administrator

I think you mean a photo booth, not a phone booth - though the latter is also interesting.

You must like Amelie, if you've seen it? :)
  8. Hsing Moderator

Yes, Photo booth! Of course. Actually, my experiences with phone booths are rather mediocre.
    I've seen Amelie ages ago, though that's not where my fondness of photo booth pictures comes from. It was a nice film, really. Only the hype in my circle of friends startded to get on my nerves after a while. I'm still glad I swa it before I'd ever heard of it.
  9. Maljonic Administrator

I know exactly what you mean, there are loads of films that have taken me years to get around to watching because I deliberately avoided them when they were new due to all the hype and everyone saying how great they were.