Of groups and games

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Roman_K, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Roman_K New Member

Why is it that the only group games a bunch of bored cadets can think of are memory games, and Mafia/Werewolf?
  2. chrisjordan New Member

Because they aren't very good at the memory games and have forgotten all the others.
  3. Roman_K New Member

So true... But I want game ideas! Before I lose my mind!
  4. Maljonic Administrator

I psy with my little mind, something beginning with ex.
  5. Perdita New Member

well we can't have you loosing your mind, you'd just make rinso jealous...

I used to do a lot of made up games when I was travelling to pass the hours

How about 20 questions? - Think of a person (usually famous), and others get to ask up to twenty questions. You however will only be able to give yes/no answers.

We also used to do ‘guessing capital towns’ - e.g. There are 32 counties in Ireland, each with their own ‘capital’ town. The 32 counties are split into 4 provinces: Ulster, Munster, Leinster and Connaught so that could be used as part of the guessing game too. – Obviously you could do this relating to Countries capitals or even US states and capitals.

Same idea can be done with post- it notes. Someone writes a name down on a post it and sticks it too your forehead with name facing outwards so that you can’t see it while everyone else can, you have to ask yes/no questions to work out who it is

Scrunched up paper into balls and three cups/bowls set a varying distances can be a good enough throwing game

Card games are always good if everyone knows the rules even charades and travel editions of chess/ draughts/backgammon are easy enough carried around.

Perhaps some of these aren’t appropriate…. Anyway back to work…..

By the way :What is Mafia/ Werewolf?
  6. Roman_K New Member

7. Roman_K New Member

Also, we played variants of Werewolf many times on the boards, Perdita. It was quite fun.
  8. Electric_Man Templar

9. Perdita New Member

Now that i've read the description of werewolf I realise that we have played it on boards before...

Do you know I always thought it seemed a bit like a childhood game I used to play called 'murder in the dark'.

Instead of werewolves/vampires etc people picked names out of a hat with only one person knowing what was on it..(let's call them the overviewer).

The names could be inspector, policeman, murder, accomplice, villager, escaped convict etc.. the rules always got a little hazy at this point because the lights in the room we were in got turned out and someone got 'murdered' (read my brother & friend's got the opportunity to fight 'playfully') when the lights were turned back on someone was 'dead' and each person 'alive' was allowed to ask one question of someone else to see who the murderer was. this went on with some intercession for the overviewer until the murderer was caught.
  10. Katcal I Aten't French !

The werewolf commercial version was derived from a traditional game from somewhere in eastern Europe, if I remember rightly.

There are plenty of fun games that can be done with not much equipment : skipping games, hopscotch, tic-tac-toe, those ones where you tap each others hands to a rhyme, tag, marbles... Basically anything that's played in a school playground.

Oh and if you get really bored, nothing beats knitting.
  11. Garner Great God and Founding Father

i vote they play 'give roman noogies'
  12. Katcal I Aten't French !

I had to google 'noogie', it gives several definitions :
    I agree with giving Roman all of these, not necessarily in that order.
  13. Bradthewonderllama New Member

You could pitch in to buy an XBox, then play dance dance revolution.
  14. Roman_K New Member

We played Munchkins. Garner and Ba must know what I speak of, and may punish me accordingly.
  15. Katcal I Aten't French !

Munchkin as in the card game I know and love, or does some other depraved form of amusement bear the same name ?
  16. Roman_K New Member

The card game.
  17. Roman_K New Member

And I have to admit that I now want to buy the Munchkin Cthulhu game.
  18. Katcal I Aten't French !

Hmmm... Starmunchkin is good too