Online DVD rentals

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Electric_Man, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Electric_Man Templar

I was looking at amazon's DVD rental thing and was wondering, basically, if it was any good. It looks a bit cheaper than going down a video rental shop and there's no hassle to return it by a certain date so it looks pretty sweet, but I just wondered if anyone had any good or bad experiences of online rentals?

I also note that amazon are giving away a £5 voucher to anyone who invites someone to the DVD thing, so if you are a subscriber, this may be your chance to get a voucher ;)
  2. Orrdos God

I tihnk my mate Jim uses it, he seems to think it's pretty good
  3. redneck New Member

I don't use Amazon, but Netflix is pretty good. It usually takes around 4-6 days for a new movie to arrive in the mail. Not too bad for the price.
  4. QuothTheRaven New Member

One of my dad's freinds swears by netflicks.
  5. Katcal I Aten't French !

You mean if someone steps on his toes, he says "Holy Netflicks, you Netflicks idiot, can't you Netflicks look where you're putting your Netflicks feet !!!!!" (with 5 ! of course)
  6. sampanna New Member

I used netflix when I was in the US of A .. it's pretty good. Is that available in UK? They keep having good promos too .. also, there is a 15 day free trial I think.
  7. redneck New Member

I like Netflicks because I don't have any kind of TV reception. No cable, no satellite, and my antenna won't work in the apartment for some reason. Therefore I rely solely on it for my movie watching experiences, with the exception of going to the theater every once in a while.