Photo Competition VIII

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Hsing, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Hsing Moderator

The new theme is

MOMENT.

Go ahead!

2. Katcal I Aten't French !

Oooh. Hmmm... Ah. *dons thinking cap and wanders off to find a thinking corner*
  3. Stercus Stercus New Member

Ok, I've got my camera working, and I'm off on holiday next week so I'll try and catch some moments.

I've looked the word up to give me some ideas.
  4. Katcal I Aten't French !

Reg made a bilingual jokule today. As he was really proud of it, I'm posting it here.

Reg : so what's the competition about this time ?
    Me : "Moment"
    Reg : Hmm. Well, maybe if you could find an anthill and dig it up and find the queen, you could take a picture of her.
    Me : ... ???
    Reg : Well... yeah. She's the Mum-ant, see. :cool:

Yes, I know. Groan.

Edit : Hsing, what's the finish date for the comp ?
  5. Hsing Moderator

I'd say... June 20th.

And... *groan* :biggrin:
  6. Maljonic Administrator

That was 4 days ago, have I missed it?
  7. Hsing Moderator

Um... sorry. I meant July 20th. Just to give it roughly four weeks from now on.
  8. Sunna New Member

Am I still not allowed to participate,on account of me being icelandic? :)
  9. Electric_Man Templar

Are we not going to use the same month end as usual? I mean, there's still a week left of this month and we've already had 9 days... OK, I haven't taken a picture yet, nor do I know what I'll do yet, but a deadline soon will make me think quicker.
  10. Katcal I Aten't French !

Ok, can we say July 1st then ?

Sunna, does Iceland have moments ? if it does and you can take a picture of one, then yes, you can play too :wink:
  11. Sunna New Member

Yes,I suppose.I will try not to take too many of beautiful skies and etc.
  12. Stercus Stercus New Member

Ah it's good to know this place hasn't changed. I've been on holiday, failed to take any decent pics, come back and found that the comp hasn't even got off the ground. I've still got some time. Just need the inclination now.
  13. TamyraMcG Active Member

hey guess what I did, yup, I got a camera, now I just have to get home while there is light and I have some energy and thinking ability left and you may just see my part of the world yet! it is a crap $85 camera but if I am good enough at seeing what I'm seeing it may be okay. Watch out here I come.
  14. Katcal I Aten't French !

Yay !

As for me I have taken a few that I like, but there's a special moment happenning on june 30th so I'll try to get a couple of snaps of that before I pick my photo...
  15. Hsing Moderator

I thought this was a theme where you could take the best pictures if you just carried your camera around with you, instead of deliberately setting out with it to take some pictures.
    But I shall say no more.... :smile:
  16. Katcal I Aten't French !

That's what I've done so far, and some of them are great pics, but as there is a special moment coming up, I want to try that too :wink:
  17. Rincewind Number One Doorman

The birth of Jesus!!!

I've got a photo, which I quite like. Can I post it up here, but then change it if I take something better before the close date?
  18. Hsing Moderator

You could always keep it around until closing date, or, if no one objects, post it in the Random Photo thread for us to see and later transfer it into the competition.
    I'm not too sure about changing competition entries... I would have liked to do that once, but didn't... But it's not my game alone, so you others think?
  19. Katcal I Aten't French !

Like Hsing I wanted to but didn't, so I'd say keep it 'till the end and then post the one you've chosen, and post the other one(s) in the random pic thread... that's what I'd do...
  20. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I agree.
  21. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Yeah, I suppose that makes sense. Just wanted to have a picture up here, to get the ball rolling. But it's more sensible to just have one rather than contant changing. I've got a few which I can't decide on.
  22. plaid New Member

[IMG]

there you go. an entry.
  23. jaccairn New Member

24. chrisjordan New Member

Nosehair!
  25. plaid New Member

shut up, you.
  26. Katcal I Aten't French !

I wanted a spectacular pic of the opening of our new metro line, and I took plenty, but I actually liked this one best. It was taken on the new metro line, though.

[IMG]
  27. Electric_Man Templar

The moment when everything stopped for something...

[IMG]
  28. Faerie New Member

Fireworks
    [IMG]
    This one just felt more like a single moment to me (and it wasn't as blurred by the rocking of the boat I was on), but I had a hard time choosing from all the photos I took so I'm going to put a couple more I liked in the random pic thread.
  29. Hsing Moderator

All great entries so far... I am glad the starter of the thread doesn't have to play the sole judge.
  30. Rincewind Number One Doorman

coorect, these have been great.
  31. Maljonic Administrator

32. Sunna New Member

33. Hsing Moderator

Wow. Strange how, for a moment, Sunna's picture almost looks like it has been taken underwater.
    But so far, I really like them all. Supergreat pictures.
    We should make a calendar.
  34. Stercus Stercus New Member

[IMG]

I was trying to get a pic in the middle of nowhere when I nearly tripped over this. Anyone fancy a stew?
  35. Stercus Stercus New Member

Ok, What have I done wrong?
  36. Maljonic Administrator

Try taking the ?v=0 off the end, it isn't needed and makes the code look like it isn't a picture to the message board.
  37. Tephlon Active Member

[IMG]

You forgot to remove the ?v=0 part behind the jpg.

I fixed it for you.
  38. sampanna New Member

The rabbit looks like its turning its nose up at the pile of crap in front :)
    Nice photos, all.

Edit: What should it be?
    'turning its nose up' or 'turning up its nose'? Does it matter at all?
  39. Maljonic Administrator

"Turning its nose up", and yes it does matter.
  40. Katcal I Aten't French !

DO NOT EAT BUNNIES.

Also, is this comp still on ? I thought it was supposed to end on July 1st... :confused:
  41. chrisjordan New Member

[IMG]

'At this moment, I am winning!'
  42. Rincewind Number One Doorman

[IMG]

Nothing happened.
  43. chrisjordan New Member

Holy woah...
  44. Katcal I Aten't French !

45. Hsing Moderator

...:)
  46. Stercus Stercus New Member

Thanks Mal, Thanks Tephlon. I've corrected my original now and I've learnt a new trick too.

Why not, there's good eating on one of those.
  47. Katcal I Aten't French !

DO. NOT. EAT. BUNNIES.

That's all you need to know.
  48. Stercus Stercus New Member

Capital letters have never stopped me doing anything.
  49. Katcal I Aten't French !

**whacks Stercus with a halfbrick in a sock**

Just don't.
  50. Stercus Stercus New Member

Oi! You could have someones eye out with that.
  51. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Eating bunnies is an abomination in the eyes of the Great God Garner, and he shall smite any infidels who engage in this pernicious act. Bunnies are sacred in the Most Holy Church of Boardania.
  52. Stercus Stercus New Member

**Chokes on his bunny burger**
  53. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Glen Close.
  54. Katcal I Aten't French !

Rinso, that pic and your subtitle made me snort. No, not coke. Or Slab...

Stercus, you are hereby condemned to tea-and-bikkit-duty for life. Also, you will be assigned to cutting Rinso's toenails. Consider you're getting off lightly.
  55. Stercus Stercus New Member

Ok, I accept my punishment. Now I can say what I like. :lol:

I'm not scared of toenails. Even Rinso's. And I make a mean cuppa, plus by making it I get mine brewed properly.
  56. sampanna New Member

Famous last words.
  57. Rincewind Number One Doorman

This competition has had some great enteries. Isn't it time we've voted.

It's lasted for Litterally* a billion,million years.

Not only can i not spell the word I also can not use it in context.
  58. Hsing Moderator

True.
    Closed!
    I'll make a voting thread this evening.