Photo Competition XII

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Katcal, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Katcal I Aten't French !

Ok, I actually thought of the theme days ago and I keep forgetting to create the thread, but I still have no ideas for pictures so we're still all starting off equal on this one...

The theme is, in honour of the recent Pterryiness of Easter: MAGIC

We all have until April 20th to enter, voting will take place from April 21st to 30th. Yes it WILL.

THE RULES:
    Rules

- Anyone can join in, this is just for fun, so don't feel intimidated because you're new, haven't got a posh camera or haven't yet taken a single picture in your life, the aim of this is to get us out there snapping!

- Photographs must be taken by you - no nicking them off the Web
    - Photos must be taken specifically for the contest - get out there and get snapping!
    - One picture per person. Feel free to add the ones you didn't pic to the random picture thread.
    - No excessive digital manipulation (i.e. adding a more dramatic sky from another photo to your picture). Playing with levels, saturation etc is ok though.
    - Equipment: Anything goes as long as the results can be seen from here.
    - Voting takes place when the contest closes.
    - The winner of the contest gets to choose the next subject.
    - Late entries will not be included in the voting.
  2. Hsing Moderator

Wow... a not-so-obvious one... nice.
  3. Rincewind Number One Doorman

nice theme.
  4. Katcal I Aten't French !

Oops, this got a bit forgotten I think, shal I give us all another 5 days to upload some pics ? So that's april 26th ?
  5. Hsing Moderator

My, how time flies.
    I have got a picture, but I don't like it...
    I could use some more time.
    :)
  6. Maljonic Administrator

I'll have a look around for something to take a picture of today.
  7. Maljonic Administrator

Okay I did this:

[IMG]
  8. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Here is mine:

[IMG]
  9. Katcal I Aten't French !

Not entirely happy with mine, had a couple of not-too-bad ones but couldn't make my mind up... Here's the one I picked, I'll stick the others up in the random thread.

[IMG]
  10. Electric_Man Templar

Though I would have a go, I'm not really happy with the image quality, but after about 50 goes, this will have to do...
    [IMG]
  11. jaccairn New Member

As the weather was so obliging today.

[IMG]
  12. Katcal I Aten't French !

Oh crap, Jacqui, you stole my rainbow, no wonder I couldn't find it anywhere ! :)
  13. Hsing Moderator

That's beautiful. :)So is Katcal's. Rinso's is smart. I don't quite get Ben's, and with Maljonic's entry, I can't quite decide wether it scares me a little or makes me hungry for raspberry pudding. :smile:
  14. Electric_Man Templar

Would it help if I told you there was only one finger in my picture (ok, and one thumb, and an extra knuckle)?
  15. Maljonic Administrator

I'd also like to point out that, apart from cropping it for size, my picture has not been altered in any way - i.e. those are the real colours.
  16. jaccairn New Member

It makes me think of the Masque of the Red Death film.
  17. Hsing Moderator

Wow. Was the sun about to set? Or what was with the sky? Our skies are never that pink...

And Ben, I think I get it, only for a moment I thought it wasn't about the camera, but about the mirror. Then i thought, no, he's a better photographer than that, so it is the camera.

And: I have my picture ready, i just need to upload it, but my comp is on strike somehow...
  18. Maljonic Administrator

Mine isn't a picture of the sky.
  19. Rincewind Number One Doorman

what the heck is it?
  20. Katcal I Aten't French !

Uranus... :D

Or maybe a lightbulb seen through a lampshade... Or maybe it's a level 3 fireball. :pirate:
  21. Hsing Moderator

Here's mine, I hope I'm not too late:

[IMG]