Photo Competition XIII

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Rincewind, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Sorry it took me about a billion years, I've clearly failed in my role as photo comp nazi.

Anyway here is my entry to the photo comp

SHADOW AND LIGHT

Rules
    - Photographs must be taken by you - no nicking them off the Web
    - Photos must be taken specifically for the contest - get out there and get snapping!
    - One picture per person.
    - No excessive digital manipulation (i.e. adding a more dramatic sky from another photo to your picture, or creating negative images etc.). Cropping, and adjusting levels, contrast, saturation etc. is ok though.
    - Equipment: Anything goes as long as the results can be seen from here.
    - Voting takes place when the contest closes.
    - The winner of the contest gets to choose the next subject.

COMP CLOSES 30TH JULY

Get Snapping!
  2. Katcal I Aten't French !

'bout fecking time too, ya eijit... (sorry, just trying to improve your Irishness)
  3. Rincewind Number One Doorman

You can't i'm improve on perfection.

Are my roman numerals wrong?
  4. Hsing Moderator

Yes, we're at 13 now - XIII. Not 8. :smile:
  5. Mincewind New Member

So what's all this then? Photos of what?
  6. Hsing Moderator

We have regular Board Photo Competitions. In this thread, we'll present our pictures according to the rules you can read in the first post; after the closing date, there will be a voting thread with the entries where everyone on this MB can vote on one picture. The winner is the host of the next round.

Check out the old threads, just search "Photo Competition" in thread titles. They're pretty much self explanatory together with the rules, and -so we at least think- quite nice to look at. :wink: Having a digi cam is nice if you want to partake, but I entered photos taken with an analog camera for quite some time.

I made the perfect picture for the theme a few weeks ago, but as I didn't make it for this competition, posting it would be against the rules. So I might post them in "Rincewind's Random Photo Thread", somewhere on page one or two I think, if I want the others to see it.

PS: I took it for granted, but I'll add it as a PS: Everyone's welcome to take part. Just keep in mind that in case you win, you should be around to choose the next theme and take care of the two threads. :)
  7. Mincewind New Member

I assume Shadow and Light' is the theme.
  8. Maljonic Administrator

I was just thinking we must have done more than 8. :)
  9. Hsing Moderator

Your assumption is correct.
  10. Maljonic Administrator

I'm going to break from tradition and post my entry outrageously early:

[IMG]
  11. mazekin Member

Ditto, only because I'm afraid someone else will do it before me.

I give you:

Deformed Rabbit!

Attached Files:

12. Maljonic Administrator

I think you may have preempted Electric_Man and Rincewind with that picture, right up their street that is. :)
  13. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Classic!

EM manages to do deformed weasel with his face every day. It's pretty amazing.
  14. Katcal I Aten't French !

*snort* gah, we've missed you daft buggers. Never go away again. But don't come too close either.
  15. sampanna New Member

I shall participate this time, got me a new digital SLR :)

Also, why do we use roman numerals? Fecking confusing, that is.
  16. Katcal I Aten't French !

To confuse feckers like Rinso and then laugh at him.
  17. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Okay, I'll stick with a boring , classical interpretation of the theme.
    Anyway it's a chance to advertise the re-construction of Arbeia, the Roman fort in South Shields, that is being carried out by local archie-oggolists.
    Never could spell that damn word. :redface:.

[IMG]
  18. Hsing Moderator

That's very classic, but not boring at all. Beautiful! I like black and white.
  19. Katcal I Aten't French !

Hmm, another "classic" one I just found amoung the many many pics I shot at my sister-in-law's wedding. It was truly a day of light and shadows, in more ways than one, although I won't bore you with the details.

[IMG]
  20. Maljonic Administrator

I don't think you can include photos you just happened to find.
  21. Gypsy New Member

Have photo, will post.
    I took it about a week ago - with competition in mind, don't worry.
    -Have been procrastinating heavily since then.
  22. Katcal I Aten't French !

I did take it during the set time, and although I didn't purposely shoot it with the comp in mind, I think it fits well, doesn't it? I just meant that when I got the pics onto the computer and flicked through them I was surprised this one was so good... But if I need to go out and take another one I will...
  23. Rincewind Number One Doorman

As long as it was shot within the time the comp has been set it's fine. You just can't raid your archives for that brilliant photo you took 8 years ago.

Not that I'm suggesting you would you that.

But you would do that.
  24. Hsing Moderator

I too think that pictures taken within competition time count - after all, we won't be able to prove people wether they had the Board cmpetition in the back of their minds. And I remember Kat mentioning the wedding within competition time.

Is that Reg's sister? She looks a lot like him!
  25. Katcal I Aten't French !

I would totally not do that, which proves how little you know me. Which can only be expected given your despicable tendency to not show up for cons and not post for long periods of time. If I did do things like that I would win every time because I have thousands of brilliant pictures to choose from.

Also, your mother was a hamster and you smell like doggie poo.

Hsing, yes, that's his sister. She looks like him with a chin :D
  26. Sunna New Member

Cos it's classy,and that's what we are.
  27. Sunna New Member

Sorry,referring to the numerals,missed a few replies.Damn,you sneaky pliers
  28. Hsing Moderator

So here is my entry. Taken today at the historical cemetary called "Poseckscher Garten" in Weimar.

[IMG]
  29. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Let's start a monochrome revival. Without the colours to distract the eye you can really appreciate the tonal values and textures.
  30. Maljonic Administrator

Also Hsing has managed to sneak in the light and shadow idea of life and death, oh so very sneaky. :)
  31. Hsing Moderator

Yeah, super subtle as always. I'm so glad I decided against the skull. :)
  32. Sunna New Member

Woitzee,these pictures are amazing!
  33. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

I just thought I'd post a few words to bring this thread to the top of the list and remind you devious buggers, who hang back to see what the opposition has offered, there are only two days left to post your entries :D
  34. Gypsy New Member

I wasn't purposefully tardy, just a natural procrastinator...

Here's my entry:

[IMG]

I took a lot of pictures for the competition this month, and I just couldn't decide which one to use.
    I settled on this, one of the first I took, when I happened across a floating candlelit garden by accident.
  35. Sunna New Member

Oh,you guys! I'm so jealous,I've been busy trying to give notice at my job and feel good about it and haven't had any time to scout for pics. I will have a hard time deciding when it comes to voting,wow.
  36. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Yeah. I probably won close this until SUNDAY. So you or anyone has a chance for some last mintue entries.
  37. Sunna New Member

Oh,yeah,should have noticed the sunday thing
  38. Rincewind Number One Doorman

It was due to close before then. But I'm lazy...and generous...but mostly lazy.
  39. Sunna New Member

Your...laziness will be rewarded in whatever eternity you chuse
  40. Sunna New Member

I'm a retard when it comes to posting pics-sorry
  41. IgorMina New Member

Here is my last minute entry!

[IMG]
  42. Sunna New Member

43. Katcal I Aten't French !

wow, that's quite amazing... what is it? Or are you going to be a joculator and make us guess ?
  44. Hsing Moderator

Beautiful colours, Sunna!

All in all, I think this was the most productive and in-time Competition in a while.:smile:
  45. Rincewind Number One Doorman

[IMG]

Some excellent entries this month!

Nice stuff.