Photosynth

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Roman_K, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Roman_K New Member

2. Maljonic Administrator

I saw that a few weeks ago, really cool stuff. There was a similar demo with people moving photos around a tabletop screen with their hands.
  3. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Mal, are you sure that wasn't a showing of Minority Report on SKY?
  4. Stercus Stercus New Member

There was an advert for something on tv that used the tabletop idea too. I think.
  5. Maljonic Administrator

I was thinking of something like this: YouTube - tabulaTouch - tabulaMedia

Only the one I saw was more interesting than that, with a group of people sitting around a table and someone explaining it.
  6. sampanna New Member

7. Maljonic Administrator

That's cool, all the same thing really. He talks just like the other guy I think, it's some kind of generic nerd accent. :smile:
  8. Katcal I Aten't French !

Actually, what struck me was the fact that he looks and talks like Harry Kim from Voyager. So yeah, nerd accent sounds about right there :D
  9. sampanna New Member

I did mean the talk about the possibilities etc. but generic nerd accent it is :)
  10. KaptenKaries New Member

The presentation shows two things. First, the Seadragon that allows them to browse lots of image data as if they were all spread out on a table next to eachother. Secondly, the Photosynth that finds images related to eachother and arranges these in a 3D space.

To me, the Seadragon is impressive, but what blows my mind is the Photosynth. I didn't expect anything that innovative from Microsoft in the web 2.0 field.

Thanks for the link, Roman!
  11. Stercus Stercus New Member

Has anyone else downloaded the Photosynth Preview. It's great to play with. Brilliant quality when you explore each photo. They've got 5 different collections of photos to explore, including an artists studio and you can get up close and very personal with the paintings.