Pie Quiz

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by jaccairn, Dec 6, 2005.

1. jaccairn New Member

2. Maljonic Administrator

Only 2 for me also. :)
  3. Cynical_Youth New Member

I got 3 purely on guessing. :)
  4. OmKranti Yogi Wench

I got 6. I bet Ba could beat all of our scores.
  5. lipi New Member

I got two, and guess what. It was all guessing. :p
  6. Orrdos God

Four for me, mostly guessing, but I did know the one about the best pies in scotland :)
  7. TamyraMcG Active Member

I guessed right four times. That muggety pie thing, eeuw, I wish I hadn't checked out the answers now. :oops:

While I have made potpies with meat fillings, I hardly even think of them as pie, and bacon,onion, and [i:b97248bc04]apples[/i:b97248bc04]? I can't imagine that. :shock:

At least the British have the right idea about actually having meat in a meat pie, I've had pot pies that had about three little chunks of chicken and two peas floating in some gluey stuff that was meant to be gravy.
  8. Ba Lord of the Pies

Ten right.
  9. TamyraMcG Active Member

10. fairyliquid New Member

2...I don't like pie much though :):ducks from the all holy Ba and edges away discreetly::)
  11. Willmolly3 New Member

4 for me and again most of them were gueses!
  12. sleepy_sarge New Member

[quote:ac7f49150e="TamyraMcG"]IWhile I have made potpies with meat fillings, I hardly even think of them as pie, [/quote:ac7f49150e]

Quite the reverse here! Fruit?? In a pie?? Nahhh.

Now while Scotland does make the most wonderful pies (like Orrdos I knew that one too), I'm sure our Australian chums will attest to the glories of that pinnacle of pie-dom <drum roll> The floater
  13. Delphine New Member

I got 4. I knew who invented pie pastry, the ingredient for stargazy pie, what is added to fidget pie, and how much we spent on pies.

However, I was *not* prepared for the answer to question 2. Despite this, we still spend millions on these meatless beasts every year! God!

Edit ~ Sarge, that floating pie looks vile. It really does.
  14. sleepy_sarge New Member

[quote:1835e0f0f3="Delphine"]

Edit ~ Sarge, that floating pie looks vile. It really does.[/quote:1835e0f0f3]

Hmm I thought the Scottishness in you would have approved.

I guess deep fried pizza and deep fried Mars Bar are off your menu too?
  15. Delphine New Member

[quote:e597c9386a="sleepy_sarge"][quote:e597c9386a="Delphine"]

Edit ~ Sarge, that floating pie looks vile. It really does.[/quote:e597c9386a]

Hmm I thought the Scottishness in you would have approved.

I guess deep fried pizza and deep fried Mars Bar are off your menu too?[/quote:e597c9386a]

Good God, No! I have deep fried pizza for breakfast. :)
  16. Hermia New Member

[quote:3963b895ac="Delphine"]However, I was *not* prepared for the answer to question 2. Despite this, we still spend millions on these meatless beasts every year! God! [/quote:3963b895ac]

Don't forget that this is the content of the whole pie, including pastry, so it's not really that bad. A pie which was 90% meat would be very difficult to eat and would be much more like Meat On A Plate With A Bit Of Flour.

Edited to mention that I got 4 right!
  17. colonesque10 New Member

I managed to get 0. Thats gotta be harder than getting some points surely. Damn me and my lack of pie knowledge, sorry Ba. Now if it was on sweets of the early 90's i'd of blitzed it. :)
  18. Cynical_Youth New Member

[quote:4bd9b4288d="colonesque10"]I managed to get 0. Thats gotta be harder than getting some points surely. Damn me and my lack of pie knowledge, sorry Ba. Now if it was on sweets of the early 90's i'd of blitzed it. :)[/quote:4bd9b4288d]

Wow! That's quite an accomplishment. Well done! :)
  19. colonesque10 New Member

[quote:c68b5e88cd="Cynical_Youth"][quote:c68b5e88cd="colonesque10"]I managed to get 0. Thats gotta be harder than getting some points surely. Damn me and my lack of pie knowledge, sorry Ba. Now if it was on sweets of the early 90's i'd of blitzed it. :)[/quote:c68b5e88cd]

Wow! That's quite an accomplishment. Well done! :)[/quote:c68b5e88cd]

Why thankyou Cynical Youth. I'd like to thank my family and friends for the help they've given me over the years, helping me towards my target. But especially i'd like to thank my Mum whos always stood by me when it looked like I might be getting brighter and dumbed me back down. It's because of her that i've reached these new levels thickness and for that I owe her so much. Thanks Mum! :cry:
  20. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Your Mum!!!

(Sorry, I couldn't help it) :)
  21. Faerie New Member

I guessed on all of them and got four right. 40% is better than 13% which is what I recieved when I got 6/47 from guessing on my physics test. I'm on a roll to genius-ship here.
  22. colonesque10 New Member

[quote:60a5ceabc3="OmKranti"]Your Mum!!!

(Sorry, I couldn't help it) :)[/quote:60a5ceabc3]

Oh you've gone just tooooooooo far Om. Your Mama right back at you missy......! :D
  23. koshu New Member

well I managed to get 2, after reading your coments I can't even bare to go look up the answers
  24. Hermia New Member

[quote:9467b528ce="Koshu"]I can't even bare to go look up the answers[/quote:9467b528ce]

I'm not sure we want you to bare. There are minors on this board, you might not be that pretty to look at, and anyway it's far too cold.

Edit: How embarrassing!!!!!! Here am I making fun of others, and I go and type "miners"...
  25. koshu New Member

i am one of those minors, and yor rite far to cold. :D