Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by OmKranti, Apr 2, 2006.

1. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Hi There Everybody!

I just wanted to say I miss you all and I'm going to be checking in more frequently, I promise.

I've started this thread so I can keep you abreast of my bizarre traveling and horrible airport experiences.

Never fly through Chicago!

Thursday before last we got stuck in Chicago for 14 hours after our plane out from Hartford was delayed.

This Thursday we got on the plane in Hartford in a reasonable amount of time, taxied out to the runway, stopped and sat there. After 20 minutes the Captain comes on and says there is something wrong with the windshield and they have to go back to the gate to have maintenance look at it. Ok, so we go back to the gate, they tell us we can't get off the plane yet as they don't know how serious it is. After 40 minutes, the Captain comes on again and says that the damage is bad and the flight has been cancelled.

By this time we have missed our connecting flight from Chicago to Denver and there won't be another flight out till 6am. Back to the hotel we go, sleep for maybe 3 or 4 hours and get back on the plane. We get into Denver at 12pm and go straight to the office. Man, I was so tired.

So this is my life now, airports and hotel rooms. It sucks and I want to be back in Denver, I mean I live in Denver. I don't like Hartford, the work is really, really hard and the people hate me and I feel like the "bobs" from Office Space.

How's life here? I saw you had an interesting April Fools day, with fools aplenty!

Edit to add - I forgot to tell you that in the process of that they lost my bag, I mean seriously, the plane hadn't even taken off yet. Jeeze. I got it back though, it took 3 hours to find.
  2. Victimov8 New Member

Good to hear from you Om,
    It does sound like you are having a torrid time, hopefully it will all settle down...

Remember not to fly via Chicago in October (ish)

Look after yourself

Give 'em hell in Hartford
  3. mowgli New Member

And remember - the TPS reports aren't as important as Lumberg will try to make them seem like ;)

Sorry about your flight-from-Hell! I hope your next one goes awesomely!
  4. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Alllllllriiiiiight!!!!!

Hopefully my last flight will be the 12th of May. Which is nice as I'll be turning 30 on the 15th. *nudge nudge* *coughpresantscouch*

Also, Rinso, I never got your package. Did you send it carrier pigeon?
  5. Hsing Moderator

That means I would have to send you a promise right now... And it would probably still be too late...

Anyways, keep us updated and come back soon!
    May everything settle.
  6. Maljonic Administrator

I didn't realise you have a job, I just thought you sort of dance around the room all day or something? :)
  7. Pixel New Member

[quote:185416ea35="OmKranti"]Alllllllriiiiiight!!!!!

Hopefully my last flight will be the 12th of May. Which is nice as I'll be turning 30 on the 15th. *nudge nudge* *coughpresantscouch*

Also, Rinso, I never got your package. Did you send it carrier pigeon?[/quote:185416ea35]

It's all right - no need for the hints - we're both shown on the calendar for the 15th!
  8. sampanna New Member

[quote:89a684e039="Pixel"][quote:89a684e039="OmKranti"]Alllllllriiiiiight!!!!!

Also, Rinso, I never got your package. Did you send it carrier pigeon?[/quote:89a684e039]

It's all right - no need for the hints - we're both shown on the calendar for the 15th![/quote:89a684e039]

Subtelty of the Year award :)

Heh Om - this was Chicago without bad weather .. I was stuck there in a plane, on the tarmac, waiting for takeoff, for 3 hours once. This after the usual delays in getting on board to start with!
  9. Roman_K New Member

[quote:b712e69a78="OmKranti"]Alllllllriiiiiight!!!!!

Also, Rinso, I never got your package. Did you send it carrier pigeon?[/quote:b712e69a78]

That's good to hear, Om. Will this mean actual free time for you? :)