Pratchett on Alzheimers TV series

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by jaccairn, Feb 4, 2009.

1. jaccairn New Member

Just a reminder that the show starts tonight on BBC2 at 9.00pm and finishes next week. It may be available on i-player after the show.
  2. Katcal I Aten't French !

Curses, you beat me to it! Will try to watch, unless some new catastrophe prevents me from returning home at a decent time for the third night this week...
  3. Maljonic Administrator

I've recorded it to watch later.
  4. Katcal I Aten't French !

I did manage to watch it. And spent the whole time wanting to just give Pterry the biggest hug ever. It was a very touching documentary, and I look forward to episode 2. He really is a great man, our Pterry.
  5. TheJackal Member

Twas a good show alright. BBC didn't take any ads & yet the hour flew by!

For those who have BBC Northern Ireland (I live in the Republic), the second part isn't on til 11.20 next Wed because there's a soccer match on!
  6. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

A no-nonsense look at Alzheimers, and he still produced a chuckle with his comments when putting on his tie. The frightening part, for me, was towards the end of the programme when, as Sir Pterry said, the beast crept up suddenly during his public reading. It was heart warming to see the support of the audience when he had to finish abruptly.
    I'll be glued to the TV when the next episode is broadcast.
    A true hero.