Press

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Roman_K, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Roman_K New Member

http://seconddraft.org/streaming/pallywood.wmv

Now, I won't pretend that this movie shows the whole picture, nor do I pretend that all footage from the Palestinian territories is fake. I just believe that some of it is. Until now, I didn't have anything that would have remotely shown that the press used fake footage as real. This isn't proof, either, but it's probably the best I can ever do.

That, and the guy with the cellphone was hillarious. ;)
  2. Maljonic Administrator

To be honest I don't think most news footage, wherever it's from, is all that reliable. It happens here when there are 'riots' that you get an image of 20 people or so throwing rocks and setting fires, the cameras are always zoomed close up so that the actions fills the whole screen, making it look like the whole town is in chaos. If they were to pan out you'd see a few hoodlems on a little isolated street with a load of onlookers and passers by having nothing to do with them.

There's too much emphasis on 'news' these days, 24 hour news channels and such, so that the media will go to any lengths to keep it coming and maintain an audience.
  3. Roman_K New Member

Consumer culture... Meh. "Let's make some news!"

Once upon a time the media was a much-needed thing. Now, it has overstepped what little bounds it had.