Profound thoughts

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Pixel, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Pixel New Member

I came across this on another site:

"As the old man walked down the beach at dawn, he noticed a young man ahead of him picking up starfish and flinging them into the sea. Finally catching up with the youth, he asked him why he was doing this. The answer was that the stranded starfish would die if left until the morning sun.

“But the beach goes on for miles and there are millions of starfish,” countered the other. “How can your effort make any difference?” The young man looked at the starfish in his hand and then threw it to safety in the waves.

“It makes a difference to that one,” he said. "

This struck me as a very Vimes way of looking at things - every little helps.
  2. Maljonic Administrator

I watched that Amercian TV show from the late 1990s, Due South, today. I think he's abit like that, the Canadian Mounty, Frasier (sp?).
  3. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:8ee2be9160="Maljonic"]I watched that Amercian TV show from the late 1990s, Due South, today. I think he's abit like that, the Canadian Mounty, Frasier (sp?).[/quote:8ee2be9160]
    I always thought he was a bit like Carrot... and I've only just realized while typing that, that he had a "pet" wolf :D
  4. Ba Lord of the Pies

Yes, many have remarked on the resemblance.
  5. Hsing Moderator

I had never noticed so far...
    But then again, the series wasn't really popular in Germany.