Question

Discussion in 'INTRODUCTIONS AND AVATAR TESTING' started by MrsLibrarian, Sep 17, 2006.

1. MrsLibrarian New Member

It has been said that one has to post more than 1,000 posts to change the title under your name (above the avatar). But I'm seeing a lot of members with different titles under their names and their posts are no where near 1,000. How can that be?

Can admins/moderators change the titles?
  2. Maljonic Administrator

Some of our members were members of the old site that isn't working at the moment, including me, who decided to move to this site just over a year ago after been on the other site for years and years. We decided to let some of them choose a special name during the first month here, then we decided to make 1000 posts the mark where new members can have a special name, and when the other members can choose a different special name if they get sick of the first one... or something like that. :)

P.S. All the really cool people, like me again, don't choose special names anyway.
  3. MrsLibrarian New Member

Thanks for the explanation, Mal.

But 1,000 posts? Isn't that... too severe? LOL :D

Other boards only have a 100-post requirement. Here, the wordier you are, the better.
  4. Maljonic Administrator

Oh I think 1000 is a nice round number, weeding out the fly-by-nights from the die-hards.

It's only just occured to me that one of the reasons this site was originally thought of was the fear that Harper Collins would lose interest in the other site and switch it off one day. It would be a shame if that's what's happened, but kind of ironic nonetheless. I guess it's more likely some technical problem, or some fool at HC has forgot to pay for their hosting or something... unless HC is no longer holding the rights to print Terry's books and we haven't heard about it yet?
  5. Katcal I Aten't French !

I don't think 1000 is that high... (ok, yeah, I know, I talk too much) a lot of boards I know don't have special title rights at all except for the mods/admins, and others allow anyone to choose their name at any time, so hey, why not 1000...

But as Mal says, all the cool people are Boardanians or Members :D
  6. TamyraMcG Active Member

Hey, I resemble that remark! :D
  7. drunkymonkey New Member

Yeah, 1000 isn't that high, if you post regularly.