Questions & Answers

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Electric_Man, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Electric_Man Templar

I saw this on a BBC quiz of the week style thing.

Anxious times are reported for Buddhist monks in Malaysia, who are forbidden to harm any living creature. What creatures have been dropping out of their temple's sacred bodhi tree on to people meditating below?
    A: Monkeys
    B: Fire ants
    C: Snakes

The answer was B
    The monks cannot encourage anyone to harm the ants but the chief monk says that if someone turns up unbidden and deals with them without the monks' involvement, then that is the will of the universe.
  2. KaptenKaries New Member

Hehehe brilliant statement from the chief monk. :wink:
  3. OmKranti Yogi Wench

It would have been cool if the answer was monkeys. I had this great mental image of a monk meditating and shit and a monkey just dropping from the tree and going bananas on his ass.

That would be sweet!
  4. Electric_Man Templar

But then if the answer was C, we could have had... Snakes On a Monk!
  5. Katcal I Aten't French !

Lol, that would make one mean kung fu movie :D
  6. mr_scrub New Member

Monks versus snakes or evil outsiders trying to steal the monastary's treasures by releasing snakes in there?
  7. Electric_Man Templar

Actually, the entire film consists of three snakes sitting on a Monk's head, discussing the weather, the literary merits of autobiographies, the state of the european common market and the local availability of good, reliable beds.
  8. OmKranti Yogi Wench

fascinating!
  9. Maljonic Administrator

You could write a sitcom based on some monks that keep having annoying things happen to them but they can't do anythinhg about it, only they get around it in cunning ways in the Father Ted-esque type fashion.
  10. Katcal I Aten't French !

I, for one, would love to see that sitcom. Mal, write it, send it off to Rinso-the-tv-star and we can all make a million ! (What do you mean "what did I do to help ?" I'm the one who told you to do it ! That makes me your manager, and gives me a 10% part of all millions we make out of it...

Desperate Housewives, eat you hearts out, here come Desperate Monks.
  11. chrisjordan New Member

12. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

That was a nasty shock! I ought to know better than to click on a link just because a friend posted it...
  13. chrisjordan New Member

I also scream whenever I see the name 'Orrdos', but actually I think the story is quite good. :razz: