Quick question

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

As most of you know, some of us have a mailing list via which we have conversations during the day when i'm at work and have no internet access.

sometimes we produce quite interesting stuff in these chats. sometimes we just talk about how much rinso smells and how much we hate doors.

not everyone wants to get 200 random emails in their inbox from us a day, but some of you might enjoy a synposis of some of our more interesting conversations.

so, given that I'm using up all my mental energy that would normally be spent on the boards in these email chats lately, i'm wondering if it's worth all our time if i, or any of us on the list, go through and cull it for worthwhile posts we can add to the boards proper at the end of a day.

what say ye?
  2. Delphine New Member

Aye, say I. The gmail chats are sometimes very interesting indeed.
  3. Maljonic Administrator

So that's why people keep posting, 'posting on behalf of so and so via email', and I thought you were alll just mad. :)
  4. Pixel New Member

[quote:abba147a10="Garner"]As most of you know, some of us have a mailing list via which we have conversations during the day when i'm at work and have no internet access. [/quote:abba147a10]
    It took me a while to work this one out - is my conclusion right that you do not consider email to be internet?

[quote:abba147a10="Garner"]not everyone wants to get 200 random emails in their inbox from us a day, [/quote:abba147a10]
    Actually, that would seriously improve the "interesting-to-nonsense" ratio in my emails - I must take some time to update my spam filter definitions!

[quote:abba147a10="Garner"] but some of you might enjoy a synposis of some of our more interesting conversations. [/quote:abba147a10]
    Yes - it would possibly help us to understand some of the in-jokes, and also let us know if we wanted to apply to join in.

[quote:abba147a10="Garner"]sometimes we produce quite interesting stuff in these chats. sometimes we just talk about how much rinso smells and how much we hate doors. [/quote:abba147a10]
    As to joining in - I don't know if I qualify - I've never met Rinso, so have no first-hand (first-nose?) knowledge, and I do not hate doors - they are useful things - especially the one that keeps my ex-neighbour from Hell out of the building now that the lock has been changed - and I don't even hate Doors. :)

[quote:abba147a10="Garner"]so, given that I'm using up all my mental energy that would normally be spent on the boards in these email chats lately, i'm wondering if it's worth all our time if i, or any of us on the list, go through and cull it for worthwhile posts we can add to the boards proper at the end of a day.

what say ye?[/quote:abba147a10]

Yes - do it!

Edited to add a smiley
  5. Electric_Man Templar

[quote:31f84c3111="Pixel"]and I don't even hate Doors. :)[/quote:31f84c3111]

LIES! Everyone hates Doors, it's a prerequisite for existing.
  6. Electric_Man Templar

Anyhoo... to the point in hand. If the board doesn't mind reading our crap, then I don't mind letting them read it. There might occasionally be some mails that I don't want entering the public domain (like those about certain things at work), but I'll just have to remember to say that I don't want them posted.
  7. Pixel New Member

[quote:c0bb1e831f="Electric_Man"][quote:c0bb1e831f="Pixel"]and I don't even hate Doors. :)[/quote:c0bb1e831f]

LIES! Everyone hates Doors, it's a prerequisite for existing.[/quote:c0bb1e831f]

Well, I am an amateur actor - I suppose I could pretend to hate him! :)

*Concentrates on pretending to hate Doors to avoid ceasing to exist like an Auditor with delusions of individuality*
  8. Hsing Moderator

I'd be curious as what you have to say. So, sure! :)
  9. Garner Great God and Founding Father

we're currently trying to figure out who's gonna be in charge of posting extracts on what days.

odds are, none of us will ever get around to any of this. so, if you want to join the mailing list, just let ben or I know.

and pixel, i have email access, but cannot access external websites without filling out some forms. given that i've only got two months left on this contract, it doesn't seem worth it.
  10. Pixel New Member

[quote:3aec55b180="Garner"]...............and pixel, i have email access, but cannot access external websites without filling out some forms. given that i've only got two months left on this contract, it doesn't seem worth it.[/quote:3aec55b180]
    Ah, now it's clear - and you're right - any company that requires forms to be filled out under these circumstances would probably take more than two months to process them - especially for non-work-oriented sites!
  11. Garner Great God and Founding Father

By all accounts, it'd be a 'same day' process, but I prefer being productive at work.
  12. chrisjordan New Member

Blatant lie.
  13. Garner Great God and Founding Father

*abuses*
  14. chrisjordan New Member

Blatant abuse.
  15. Hermia New Member

[quote:09d74a8c90="Pixel"]*Concentrates on pretending to hate Doors to avoid ceasing to exist like an Auditor with delusions of individuality*[/quote:09d74a8c90]

Hey!! :evil: I used to be an auditor!!! I have individuality!!

Wait... I also don't hate Doors. Or doors.

I don't exist, do I? :cry:
  16. KaptenKaries New Member

[quote:bf27bafa82="Garner"]By all accounts, it'd be a 'same day' process, but I prefer being productive at work.[/quote:bf27bafa82]

And reading and answering 200 mails a day is what? ;-) Did you mean "I prefer appearing productive at work" perhaps?

Edit: I completely understand your point though.