Ravelwoods

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Ba, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Ba Lord of the Pies

...has broken 60,000 words. It is now novel length.

It is also within three chapters of being finished.

Then comes the editing...
  2. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Well done! That's a real achievement. :)
  3. OmKranti Yogi Wench

I've been meaning to get around to reading this for a while. I have a hard time reading things that are not in print. So I've decided that I'll just have to print it all out.

Go Ba!!
  4. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I have the same problem, but I can't afford the paper and ink. :(
  5. OmKranti Yogi Wench

I'm going to do it at work one evening after everyone has gone home. Hehe.
  6. Katcal I Aten't French !

glad to see I'm not the only one to use those vile tricks in the workplace :D
  7. Roman_K New Member

Congratulations, Ba! I'll get to catching up on it one of these days, when they repair our lab printer.
  8. Tephlon Active Member

They're called fringe benefits.
  9. mr_scrub New Member

It's still the same thing.
  10. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Mr Scrub, LAHJ!
  11. KaptenKaries New Member

A couple of questions.

1. Ba, I figure as much as this is a story you're working on. Got any details to share/is it available to read somewhere/What's the plot?

2. Grace, I've seen you use LAHJ a couple of times. What does this stand for?

Thanks!
  12. plaid New Member

a variation on LAMJ, LAHJ stands for 'laugh at her joke,' meaning something along the lines of a polite 'didn't you notice she was joking?'

the phrase originated because when grace makes jokes, people tend to miss them. somehow.
  13. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Yes, sorry for the confusion. LAMJ is my own personal internet abbreviation, as explained by Plaid. I don't know why my jokes always fall on deaf ears, but they do. I even have a tshirt Bauke made for me for my birthday, which has come in handy at Doormencons.

LAHJ would be Laugh At His/Her Joke. In this case, 'His', because Bauke is a he.
  14. plaid New Member

heh, okay i'm a dork. in my defense, i somehow thought you were talking about katkal's joke... but that really doesn't make sense.

so... yeah.

pronouns.
  15. Katcal I Aten't French !

Well yeah, I wasn't joking, hence not needing to be laughed at.
  16. Ba Lord of the Pies

Ravelwoods is on a livejournal Ba maintains, set to Friends Only (since making it available to the public makes it very difficult to publish later on).

It's about a young boy named Dean who finds himself lost in a very dangerous magical forest after a burglary gone wrong. He encounters strange monsters, magical assassins, and deadly fairies as he tries to get home.
  17. chrisjordan New Member

*laughs at Katcal*
  18. Tephlon Active Member

Mr. Scrub: the 'joke' was in pointing out the obvious and in the fact that so many people do the same thing that there's a term for it.

edit: removed misunderstanding
  19. KaptenKaries New Member

Ah, thanks.

Cool, I look forward to buying it from my local fantasy/sci-fi bookstore.
  20. Ba Lord of the Pies

Finished chapter twenty-three. One more chapter to go!
  21. Ba Lord of the Pies

Ba is done. The rough draft of Ravelwoods is finished.
  22. spiky Bar Wench

**hands Ba a small prize**

Nothing too pretentious but something quite decorative that can be displayed to guests...
  23. Hsing Moderator

A work finished. I envy you... Congratulations!
    What will you do with it next?
  24. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Well done, Ba!

Mr Scrub, please don't delete posts.
  25. Ba Lord of the Pies

Just remember, those with access to the story, now is the time to start reading. Ba needs feedback for editing purposes. The better it is, the more likely he is to get it published.
  26. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

What does the red square next to this thread mean?

Ba, I hope to have some time next week in which to look at Ravelwoods.
  27. Hsing Moderator

It shows a post has been deleted.
  28. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Thank you.