Reference/info Requested

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by 0.kill, May 31, 2007.

1. 0.kill New Member

Hi i would really appreciate any Reference or info on the dungeon dimension
    is there more then jut 3 books* that feachers the dungeon dimension? Fan Fiction or any thing?

*Just to clarify I know that Equal rights, Light fantastic And/Or Color of magic has some bits about
  2. TamyraMcG Active Member

Eric has some references
  3. Hsing Moderator

They are referred to quite a lot, but often in an off handed way. There is no storyline that takes place within them, if I remember correctly. What exactly are you looking for?

The Color of Magic only has a minor reference to them, in The Light Fantastic and Equal Rights, Sourcery, and Eric, they get more than a mention and play an actual role for the plot, and I may be wrong here, but I don't think they get more than a mention in the following books (the Elves were from a different plane, but not the Dungeon Dimensions... )
  4. Katcal I Aten't French !

Purely off the top of my head, didn't the last continent involve them rather more ? or am I getting confused (again) ?
  5. Hsing Moderator

Hm... Not much, as far as I remember... Someone help my memory...
  6. Tephlon Active Member

Don't think last Continent hd any creatures from the Dungeon Dimensions.

Weren't the Moving Pictures monsters from the dungeon dimensions?
    They're attracted to magic like bugs to a lightbulb, right?
  7. Katcal I Aten't French !

Not creatures, but didn't Rincewind get there after having been in the DD ? It's been years since I read that book last...
  8. Hsing Moderator

That was Eric, I think. Unless it happened more than once.
  9. Electric_Man Templar

SPOILERS BELOW!

Definitely not.

I'm pretty sure they were.

Kat, Rincewind entered the Last Continent after the events of Interesting Times, due to other wizardly transport incompetence (they meant to bring him home). And before you ask, he wasn't in the Dungeon Dimensions at the start of Interesting Times either.
  10. Katcal I Aten't French !

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. This is a Friday afternoon that's happening on a thursday, therefore my brain has solidified and is currently growing moss on its North side.
  11. 0.kill New Member

OK I'm looking for the rules (if you can call it that) of The Dungeon Dimension. i would like to write a Fan made Short story centered around the Dungeon Dimension (i Have rather dreaded releasing my plans and do not expect it to be good or even readable but it helps to pass the time)
  12. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Don't use magic.
  13. jaccairn New Member

A sock half full of sand is the ultimate weapon!

Oh, and running is good.:smile:
  14. 0.kill New Member

Actually i was going to have a monster from the Dungeon Dimension be the main character. sense the monsters of dd are all conceivable and some unconceivable shapes, this one so happens to be in the exact shape and appearance of commander Vimes, with a little different personality.
  15. TamyraMcG Active Member

well that is a pleasant thought, hope it comes together for you I think I'd like to read that
  16. Katcal I Aten't French !

I think that as far as the DD haven't been precisely defined, you've got a pretty loose rein there, good luck and post it here if you want to ;)
  17. Stercus Stercus New Member

This is some of what Wikipedia says about the dungeon dimensions.

And here's the link to the page.

Dungeon Dimensions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia