Replacement Doormen

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Since Kenny ain't been seen in ages, nor replied to texts or anything, I think we have to face facts and be prepared to move on. But, this means we need a new doorman. Someone to challenge Rinso on an intellectual and, dare i say it, sexual level in the ongoing contest for the coveted Number One Doorman position.

I'd like to nominate Brad and Ba for the role. Are there any other nominations?
  2. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
  3. Katcal I Aten't French !

Ok, but only if they promise to post more and maybe even sometimes make the tea and provide Bikkits. Learning basic skills like "Dark chocolate only" is a must for the position.
  4. Electric_Man Templar

Would you really accept a biscuit from a doorman?
  5. Katcal I Aten't French !

Oh.

Ah.

Well, if you put it like that, then no, we'd better leave that to the noobs.
  6. missy New Member

What about Ben or even (dare i say it) one of the noobs. Theres nowt like a fresh new impressionable mind!
  7. Electric_Man Templar

Been there, done that, threw away the T-Shirt as soon as I found a bomb-disposal expert.
  8. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Doormen are born, not made. It has to be someone who is already playing the role but has not yet recognised their latent power. I would suggest CJ, but he never posts either!
  9. Ba Lord of the Pies

Garner can go eat false pie and crumpets. Ba is no lackey.

Ba nominates Ben. At gunpoint, if necessary.
  10. Electric_Man Templar

*Smothers Ba with Doors and Rinso*
  11. Orrdos God

kenny is not replaceable.

A doorman cannot be chosen arbitarily. If a new doorman comes along, then I'll know who he (or she) is.

But, no one can fill kennys shoes. He's my doorman, and he shall remain so until it's confirmed that he's dead.

And even then, i don't think I could replace him. Making new doormen, that i can live with.

But, the correct people will show themselves naturally.

I still have 2 active doormen, Nester and Rinso, so I'm not short for help yet.
  12. spiky Bar Wench

We could keep Kenny and just a fourth horseman to the tripod, thus making a quapod or possibly a quadroped.

Any way I nominate Ben, I think he doth protesteth too mucheth.
  13. Katcal I Aten't French !

I'm wondering if not posting isn't actually part of the characteristics of the good Doorman.

Phew, that's me safe then :biggrin:
  14. Rincewind Number One Doorman

On the plus side with Kenny almost dead, I only have to compete with the bucket of sand for number one Doorman.

Damn you, Sand!
  15. Pepster New Member

You could have a monkey pee on it, thereby eliminating it as a threat.
  16. Ba Lord of the Pies

No, even a pee-soaked bucket of sand would be difficult for Rinso to compete with. Especially for Doors' love.
  17. sampanna New Member

I thought Doormen are brewed.
  18. colonesque10 New Member

Thankyou Doors, and as I am not actually dead (yet, although the smell is rough) I would like to retain my position as doorman (number one).
  19. Ba Lord of the Pies

Zombie! Kill it! Kill it!
  20. sampanna New Member

How do you kill zombies, especially doorman zombies? Surely they are too soggy to burn.
  21. Katcal I Aten't French !

Pour soapy water over them and scrub ?
  22. Pepster New Member

Doorman, zombie doorman how would you tell the difference?
  23. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Our intelligence rises by 2 points.
  24. Electric_Man Templar

All the way up to zero?
  25. Rincewind Number One Doorman

... I wish.
  26. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

You made me spit food everywhere. Thanks.
  27. Katcal I Aten't French !

You mean because you were laughing, or is that just your usual reaction to Rinso ? If it's the latter, then I'm not sure I want to see you two together at Octobercon...