Road Rage

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by spiky, Mar 14, 2006.

1. spiky Bar Wench

I reckon my 1.5L hatchback could take this guy on too...

Has anyone been that cheesed off with another driver?

Personally I keep having to honk at pedestrians cos they can't seem to stay off the road (ie walking down the middle of the lane for extended periods of time).
  2. Katcal I Aten't French !

Holy Ba, only in Australia... :D
  3. Victimov8 New Member

I think road rage is crazy myself, although I did have a dickhead flashing and crawling up my backside a few days ago.
    I have a nasty habit of going from lights quite effectively, but only to the speed limit - this can [i:3479934048]seriously[/i:3479934048] wind people up.
    A 45bhp Yugo against a 105bhp XR3i, I managed to beat it away from the lights 3 times. Possibly pointing and laughing was not very kind, but I couldn't help it - He was a pillock

Lots of arseholes around and some are nutters too...

In answer to the poll though, I think in traffic the Suzuki has the advantages, nippy small and cheap. You'd think the driver would be less concerned about damage to his vehicle, and thus be willing to take more risks, plus I doubt that many 'boy racers' could afford a Lamborghini
  4. Maljonic Administrator

I think if I was driving, the Lamborghini would win every time. I think the driver of the Lamborghini in the news story was a bit of a wuss, probably quite an old guy by the sound of his behaviour, and the fact he can afford a Lamborghini. He may have been the boss/a boss of a company or something.
  5. Ba Lord of the Pies

Hmm. It was in Sydney, and in the morning, when people tend to be going to work. Ba suspects there was a fair amount of traffic on the road, which would keep the Lamborghini from accellerating enough to escape the Suzuki.
  6. Katcal I Aten't French !

Lambo's can't turn... they're fast in a straight line but they can't really do anything else, so in traffic, yes, the Suzuki would win.

Ok, I watch Top Gear, so what... :cooler:
  7. Perdita New Member

The Suzuki Swift gets my vote- going from Paramatta to Glebe in rush hour traffic the swift would be more nifty.....

Did I just type the word 'nifty'?.. Oh wow, it is true, people do turn into their mothers.
  8. Katcal I Aten't French !

Don't worry Perdita, it's not you, talking about the qualities of a Suzuki swift would turn Terminator into his mother !
  9. Ba Lord of the Pies

One possible flaw in Ba's theory: This happened on a Sunday, when people are presumably less likely to be driving to work. Still, Ba doubts it was completely abandoned.
  10. Katcal I Aten't French !

Ba should know that Ba's theory can have no flaw. On sundays, there are less cars, yeb, but lo! Ba created the sunday driver and saw that it was hell.
  11. Hermia New Member

I did not vote in this poll because I believe the person who caught the train was more likely to win.

I've just started a teach-yourself Italian course, and I had to translate "I need a beautiful wife, a Lamborghini and lots of money"! What other language course would have that in the first week's lesson?"
  12. Mynona Member

Should that sentence include the verb tense for wishes and dreams?

and by now you'd know better than not vote for the little guy, especially if I'm near
  13. Cynical_Youth New Member

[quote:6f3fde28d5="Hermia"]I did not vote in this poll because I believe the person who caught the train was more likely to win.[/quote:6f3fde28d5]

I, too, support the public transport option. Bus lane all the way! :)
  14. Katcal I Aten't French !

All public transport here is on strike (random strike too, that's hell, and an abomination unto Nuggan and his figgin) or totally f**ked up by the demonstrations all over the place. This country is a mess. I want a Lambo. And a driver's license.
  15. Andalusian New Member

[quote:204178d4c9="Hermia"]I did not vote in this poll because I believe the person who caught the train was more likely to win.
    [/quote:204178d4c9]

*gumbles* Bloody Sydney public transport... the only way to win with our trains would be to get out and walk.

So my vote goes to walking.
  16. Katcal I Aten't French !

Another 2 hours standing up in a series of cramped busses and a bit of walking to get to work today. What a load of wankers. :cry: :(