Say hello to my little friend

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Pepster, May 12, 2009.

1. Pepster New Member

This past month I picked up a new bird, a 6 month olds hand raised South American green cheeked conure. His name is Loki, he likes grapes, mung beans and bobbing up and down.

Glamor shots
    [IMG]

[IMG]

At home
    [IMG]

Enjoying a grape
    [IMG]

Loki with DJ the ratbird (15 years old and unfortunately neurotic)
    [IMG]
  2. Maljonic Administrator

Hello Pepster's little friend.
  3. Katcal I Aten't French !

Yarrrr ! :pirate:
  4. spiky Bar Wench

Every man needs a bird :)
  5. peapod_j New Member

I don't have a bird as lovely as that one but my chickens are probably a lot more strange.
  6. alexbutterfield New Member

I think a bird is the only pet I could abide.

I remember the thread title, obviously a quote from Scarface is in one of the discworld books... The Truth maybe? But i can't remember when it's said.

hmm...
  7. Lyia New Member

Pretty bird, pretty bird.
  8. Tephlon Active Member

Vimes uses it when he's using a dragon as an offensive weapon, I think?

Either that or it's a Mr. Pin or Mr. Tulip line.
  9. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Well spotted Tephlon. The line is from 'The Truth' when Death finally meets Mr Pin desparately clutching his potato. (goes for cheap laugh)

« Death reached into his robe and pulled out what looked to Mr Pin, at first sight, like a miniature model of himself.
    But there was a rat skull looking out from under the tiny cowl. Death grinned. 'SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND', he said. The Death of Rats reached out and snatched the string.
    »

Nice bird, Pepster. Previous experience of the parrot family tells me you should add fingers to the list of preferred foods.... Ouch!