Senses

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Faerie, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Faerie New Member

2. jaccairn New Member

13/20

You did better than I did.
  3. Angua_rox New Member

15/20.

Cool test.
  4. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I did fairly badly, scoring only 11/20. :(
  5. Katcal I Aten't French !

9/20 ? Woah...

But still, may of them were more about knowledge than the quality of your senses, and some could be won on just plain luck...
  6. Electric_Man Templar

I got 12, but for some reason the plus and minus didn't work on question 2, so I take it as me getting 13!
  7. Maljonic Administrator

8. Katcal I Aten't French !

Yay, finally someone even more senseless than me :D
  9. Faerie New Member

I think the one with King Kong and Godzilla is pure luck because there is not way to tell who's taller until you see the video.
  10. Pixel New Member

Mal - you're not alone - I scored 6 too!
  11. lipi New Member

8/20

Yes, the King Kong and godzilla I knew there was a trick with the room, but I couldn't figure out which way.

Also, what tastes better is a very relative answer. Personally, I dislike kaviar, but like bacon, so naturally I got this one right. Also, it's veen a while since I was learning about my nerve system :p

The words and colurs confused me even more due to my translating the names of colours I saw from slovene to English.

All in all, I'm totally sensles :D
  12. TamyraMcG Active Member

7/20 for me. I do not think I'll ever test the caviar/white chocolate thing, or that I would agree that pineapple would taste nice with soy sauce. Lots of people like pineapple with ham but while I love pineapple and my favorite meat is ham, I can't stand the combination and I never have liked it.
  13. Tephlon Active Member

7/20. :-/

I thought I would do better on the visual trick pictures.

Fun test though.
  14. spiky Bar Wench

I got 7/20 the first time but after a number of iterations I got this up to 20/20 (yes I am that lame).

The pineapple and soy sauce, caviar and white chocolate were there to test whether you knew that tastes should be balanced, ie sweet and salty. Although the first time around I thought these combos sounded very wrong and thus got them wrong. Bastards.
  15. Faerie New Member

For the science fair my junior year in high school a partner and I demonstrated the Stroop Effect which is when you see the color name written out in an opposing color. We found that girls were slightly better than boys at naming the word rather than the color the word was written in.
  16. Death_of_rats New Member

I must be related to a Troll 5/20 for me
  17. Dane New Member

Wow, joint second at 13! that test was cool, the godzilla one was annoying, also the kayboard one, I didn't know it was comeing so didn't really hear the first note :?
  18. fairyliquid New Member

We were talking about all this in TOK (theory of knowledge) class today. It's really interesting how your brain can trick you senses. Particularly sight.

I got nine the first time. I blame tiredness. Not that I would do any better awake.
  19. randywine Member

Ulp... 12 / 20 and thats only because I've seen some of the tests before.

so whats the rating?

0-4 sense - less
    4-8 sense - itive
    8-12 sense - ible
    12-16 sense - ual
    16 -20 sense-sational

(couldn't thnk of a better one for 4-8 I'm afraid)

R.