Server nightmare

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Maljonic, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Maljonic Administrator

Sorry if you've missed the website being online, there was a problem with the server... or more accurately a problem with the hosting company who are a bunch of fools who've kept me waiting for 3 days saying they were going to fix it. In fact they still haven't fixed the server yet and it's been broken since Sunday. Luckily though I've got a new host instead and we're on a new server now so things should be back to normal.
  2. Tephlon Active Member

Yay Mal!

Let us know if you need any help with costs or anything, OK?
  3. Maljonic Administrator

Thanks, it's all right though. The new hosting costs almost exactly the same as the old one. I'm just glad I don't have to talk to that horrible old hosting company anymore.
  4. Tephlon Active Member

Did you move your other sites too, or are they hosted elsewhere?
  5. Maljonic Administrator

I'm still moving them now. I did all the important ones first that have members, this one and my dream site etc, and now I'm moving my general wotnots that no one cares about but me. :)
  6. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Thanks, Mal! I wondered what was going on. You do a really good job for us. We should have a yearly Yay For Mal Day. But maybe not on 23rd April, that could get confusing.
  7. Maljonic Administrator

Confusion? Do you mean because it was on this day in 359 that I drove all the snake worshipping druids from Yorkshire and sent them to Ireland, getting into a fight with an elderley dragon on the way?
  8. spiky Bar Wench

Love you Mal. Ignore my last email all is working now :)

Missed you guys.
  9. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

I treat everyday as such a day... except when the server is down. :D
    Hell, I even emailed Kat to see if it was just me having problems. :bunny:
    Seriously though, well done Mal, You're on for at least a couple of pints next time you step northwards over the Durham/Yorkshire divide. Just say the word and they'll be on the counter waiting for you. [IMG]
  10. jaccairn New Member

Yay for Mal! We're back.

I've been periodically clicking on the link over the past few day hoping that maybe this time it'll be there. I did work out that it wasn't just us by googling Mal's other sites. Strangely I have tried earlier today but got nothing, though other people have posted in this time :confused:.
  11. TheJackal Member

Thanks Mal :) Was wondering what was up with the server alright.

Thought it may have been a problem on my end!
  12. Katcal I Aten't French !

Don't worry, there are very good creams for that kind of thing.

Sorry, that is the last of the smart-arseries for today. It's kind of like Tourettes...
  13. mazekin Member

Thanks Mal! I was beginning to suffer some serious withdrawal!:D

It's strange how addicted you can get to checking on 1 site every day...or 6 in my case (15 if you count sub-sites in 2 of them - in my defence, 5 of them are on the icanhascheezburger.com site.) I seriously need to get a life...:lol:
  14. Hsing Moderator

I was expecting to find something new and shiny upon the return of the site! Like last time! But just having the site back is great too... :D 1000 thanks and praise for Mal.

By the way, I was asking a while back wether the Discworld Informer project is still going, because I have a bit half finished stuff lying around which I'd finish if you still had use for it. Otherwise, I'd be too lazy. :)
  15. Maljonic Administrator

That would be great if you have pictures, no one has added any new pictures for a while.