Should we have this Message Board linked from 'The' Board?

Discussion in 'POLLS AND ELECTIONS' started by Electric_Man, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Electric_Man Templar

I think we shouldn't to discourage trolls from stumbling across us.

edit: changed title
  2. Maljonic Administrator

Which way round do you mean, from this one to the other one - or from the other one to this one? :)
  3. Electric_Man Templar

Well this isn't 'the' board yet.... t'otherun is

I'll change the title of it to be clearer

edit: hmmm, how do you change the title of the poll?
  4. Tephlon Active Member

Hmm.
    My main concern is getting the people that would get lost if we didn't advertise.
    You know, the newbits and the Non inner circle ones.

Then again, I bookmarked so I don't care anymore... :D! ;)

Anyway, there must be a way to e-mail all the members that registered, right?
  5. Maljonic Administrator

I thought about not putting an actual link, and just saying put .org instead of .com after the TP website address to get here, so it wouldn't be indexed right away in Google etc but I figured if I did that some wise guy would post a link anyway just becasue they know we don't want to, so I put the link there. Plus it's only the one link for now, the site wont come up in searches for months.

Also we want everyone to know where it is I think, I can't think of any other way to tell everyone other than PMing them all, which would mean some people would get left out due to accidental omissions. :)
  6. Electric_Man Templar

Well I was thinking along the lines of saying, if anyone wants to know where it is, just PM one of theses people: (list of people)
  7. Tephlon Active Member

I still think there is no problem in inviting everyone.

Trolls can be dealt with. (One of the reasons for this board... right?)
  8. Roman_K New Member

I believe we should have this board advertised at THE board. It's best for as many people as possible to know of it, just in case.
  9. Brorien New Member

I say yes, if this is a back up then it's important that as many people as possible can find it.
  10. Cynical_Youth New Member

Maybe we could remove the link for now and put a permanent link if we move.
  11. Mynona Member

I think we can leave the link as it is since we can deal with eventual trolls here. And by the looks of it, at least Deathidiot doesn't read any posts, just bumps them. :roll:
  12. Zencore New Member

I thought the purpose of this board was to be here in case the other - true board - had it's plug yanked and went down.

If that's true - they this site should be linked in the other and any Trolls finding their way here could be dealt with by the monitors. No?
  13. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Exactly. Like Tephlon said, one of the main reasons for this place is that we could deal with trolls if we get them. So I think it should be linked to from the other boards, for maximum exposure to newbies, among other things.
  14. Tonyblack Guest

I certainly think that everyone should be given the chance to find this site.
  15. Electric_Man Templar

OK, I back down, I'll close this poll if I can...?

I wasn't suggesting that we don't allow people to get it, rather they should ask (via PM) and then receive, just so the obvious trolls don't quickly hop over here.

But I bow to everyone else's opinion
  16. Maljonic Administrator

I think you can edit the original post and put an expire length on the poll, or just delete it but I don't think you should do that. :)
  17. Delphine New Member

I think this needs to be discussed again, from the other way round.

Should we leave the link to the old board on the home page? I was saying to doors yesterday that I think it's pointless...

People will find this board through the HC board. It's like having to walk through the kitchen to get to the dining room, and having a sign in the dining room saying "Kicthen over there".

By the time people are finding us through other ways, (as will happen when this board starts coming up on Google, for example), we'll be quite established, and it'll be counter productive to link to another board which, by then, will probably have a whole new community of its very own. We need our newbies, however they find us. And our old home will soon become competition...

I don't think it's a serious issue. But I do think we should try to set ourselves up to be an individual board, and not just a spin-off of a different one.

Of course we can't get rid of our ties to the old board. I think there'll be a lot of linking to old threads there. We've got a lot of history there, we don't have to lose it all. I just think we don't need to advertise it anymore.
  18. Maljonic Administrator

I only used it before as a quick way to get between the two, I guess it is kind of pointless now - I could just as easily use the link in my favorites if I wanted to sneak a peak. :)

On a similar note, has everyone put a link to here in their signatures on the old board yet? I noticed quite a few have but also noticed quite a few haven't, I think it's especially useful for the older members to do this to get greater proliferation throught the board - so that whatever messages are bumped in the near future there'll be a link to here for people to see.