Should we lock parts of the site?

Discussion in 'POLLS AND ELECTIONS' started by Electric_Man, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Electric_Man Templar

Should we leave the other forums to be posted in willy-nilly or should we lock them until (or if) we move?

I think we should lock them, we don't need to post in them as we have the other site and having them free will allow random passers-by to post in them, when we would much prefer that they joined the original board with the rest of us on it.

[b:204aa95714]NOTE:[/b:204aa95714] I have set a 14 day time-limit on this poll
  2. Cat New Member

I agree. We should lock all forums for now, except the Monastary and the avatar testing. Maybe we could add an explanation to each forum as to why it's closed for the moment.
  3. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I also think non-admin forums should be locked for the time being.
  4. Maljonic Administrator

I voted No, because I don't think it matters; there's a great big link to the other boards, passers by will more than likely want to post on the other boards because there's bugger all on this one - but if everyone thinks it does then I will agree. :)
  5. Marcia Executive Onion

I think that locking threads, except as a last resort for dealing with trolls, sets a bad precedent. I think that the admin/poll threads should be left open, because I don't think it's fair that some of us had a chance to post our opinions before x point in time, but after that time, another person doesn't get a chance to post.

As for the non-admin threads, such as the members news thread, if someone posts there (which I don't think they will after the discussion that took place there), they can easily be directed to the larger members news discussion on terrypratchettbooks.com.

I just don't like the idea of telling people (other than trolls and spammers) where they can and cannot post.
  6. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

That seems fair, Marcia. Generally speaking, I'm happy with the way Mal has been setting things up, so I don't have any big gripes with this or anything else.
  7. Silmaril New Member

I agree with Marcia.
  8. Brorien New Member

I say no to locking threads.

Even though everything is totally correct I don't agree with Marcia's post. I want to be contrary and disagreeable. :p
  9. Maljonic Administrator

[quote:e95cb6e42e="Buzzfloyd"]That seems fair, Marcia. Generally speaking, I'm happy with the way Mal has been setting things up, so I don't have any big gripes with this or anything else.[/quote:e95cb6e42e]I'm a bit confused now, did you vote for Yes to closing threads then change your mind in agreeing with Marcia, or do you still think closing threads is a good idea? :)
  10. Mynona Member

I've been gone for a week and I feel like I'm very behind in some things but I'm working on it.

I don't think we should lock the other topics. it seems wrong to dictate where one can write. Also I think it's unnecceary because, hopefully, none of us will use them and that will discourage anyone else from posting in there too.
  11. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

[quote:30e46d5404="Maljonic"]did you vote for Yes to closing threads then change your mind in agreeing with Marcia[/quote:30e46d5404]
    Yes. :) That's the only problem with polls - you can't change your vote to show you changed your mind.