Snuff

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by TheJackal, Oct 27, 2011.

1. TheJackal Member

Anyone read it yet?

I'm nearly through it. My favourite book in a while to be honest. PTerry back to his best :)
  2. mazekin Member

I got a loan of it from a friend and definitely enjoyed it, though I'll have to read it a few more times to make a judgement on how it rates to the other books :smile: It's the first new book I've read in a few years, and it seems to have re-ignited a bit of a flame for me to start reading new stuff again. (a number of disapointments made me hesitant to spend money on something I couldn't trust to be good - thank you David Eddings)

I think his style has changed over the years though, and while I still enjoy them, I'm not as rabid as I used to be to buy them when they come out.
  3. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I was very impressed with this one. I've felt that they've been steadily improving over the last few novels, but this one, for me, had that real Discworld buzz again.
  4. TamyraMcG Active Member

I got it just in time to read it in my dad's hospital room, Sir Terry to my rescue once again. I should read it again tomorrow. Dad has pulled through once more, he's not out of the woods just yet, nor will he ever be again really, but he can be at home and is doing home dialysis so he's not quite as sick as he was, just a little more fragile. I loved the book, but I hope the Cunning Artificer doesn't do reproductions of certain things, just the basic three would be okay.
  5. Maljonic Administrator

I just got it the other day, will read it soon.
  6. spiky Bar Wench

I read my first DW on Kindle with this one. The footnotes lost their impact with the too-ing and fro-ing so I got it hard back too. When I get this stupid thesis out of the way I'll re-read it again but I did enjoy this one.

Reasons:
    1. It didn't get side tracked like Unseen Academicals did (e.g. what was with the half-arsed trip out of the city about?)
    2. The cutting examination of humanity in all its gross-ness (if thats a word)
    3. Snot jars.