Soda Wars: Round two!

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, May 20, 2007.

?

Which is better?

Caramel flavored Colas 5 vote(s) 38.5%
Dandelion & Burdock 8 vote(s) 61.5%
  1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

looks like I can't edit the poll options in the other thread. is that right, Mal, or am i just being thick again?

Anyway, ginger ale won its match against ginger beer. now on to round two:

Caramel flavored colas (coke, pepsi, etc)

vs.

Dandelion & Burdock
  2. Maljonic Administrator

I'm not sure if you can or not, how did you want to alter them?

Dandelion & Burdock for me anyway, reminds me of yesteryear as my gran used to get big bottles of it when I was a kid and you could take the empty bottles to the shop to get deposit money back, decades before anyone had ever heard of recycling.
  3. Stercus Stercus New Member

Dandelion & Burdock for me too.
  4. Hsing Moderator

For me too. It is an uninformed vote, but I don't think it could disgust me any more than Caramel (or vanilla) flavoured colas.
  5. Faerie New Member

I voted for the colas only because I've never even heard of Dandelion & Burdock.

I voted for ginger ale in the last round because I've never had ginger beer and I'm getting a cold and Vernor's ginger ale tastes better than drinking water all day. I've also heard it's good for morning sickness and hangovers, but I've never had either one so I can't confirm that.
  6. Garner Great God and Founding Father

i always used to have ginger ale when i had a cold. or, you know, when i didn't. it was one of the staples stocked in our fridge.
  7. spiky Bar Wench

I say Dandelion & Burdock because caramel flavoured cola just sounds nasty. Somehow it manages to sound worse than cherry flavoured coke and that stuff was rank.
  8. Katcal I Aten't French !

don't like cola of any kind. Dandelion it is.
  9. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Dandelion & Burdock was apparently always my dad and uncle's favourite drink when they were kids, and my Grandma always had some when we went round for Sunday lunch. It quickly became a favourite with my generation, and I have introduced it to many a friend, always to have them coming back asking for more. It can turn your mouth a funny colour, and it rocks because it has dandelions in, which are the best flower ever.
  10. Electric_Man Templar

I thought caramel flavoured colas are just the standard variations?
  11. missy New Member

No no no people!

Caramel flavoured cola is like Diet coke, Pepsi, Pepsi Max etc. The flavoured colas out there were not suggested on the origional thread, except in my vote for diet Cherry Coke which is coming up later in the votening!

Some of you may want to change your minds now!
  12. Garner Great God and Founding Father

nope, just like in american democracy, a poorly informed electorate who don't bother to check on things before declaring their support can still determine the outcome of a major election.
  13. Hex New Member

I am a whore of the Coca Cola industry.
    Also, I've never tried Dandelion and Burdock...
  14. spiky Bar Wench

Fine I've screwed up my vote but as you can't change your vote i will change my reason...

I say Dandelion & Burdock because I'm always interested in trying new things and coke is so passe.
  15. Hex New Member

Heathen. Coke is King of all soda.

:p
  16. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Shhhh, Hex! My nominated drink is awesome, and is winning through ignorance!
  17. Hsing Moderator

I think I am going to try and order a few of these online. I'm pretty sure they can't be found in shops around here.
  18. TamyraMcG Active Member

It's the real thing
  19. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Dandelion & Burdock wins due to cripplingly moronic electorate.

Coca-cola and Pepsi and their spiritual kin have now been defeated.
  20. Katcal I Aten't French !