Some art and stuff.

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by HalfJack, Feb 25, 2007.

1. HalfJack New Member

I'm not sure if there's already a thread for this kind of thing, so I figured, what the hell.

Did some nerd art a while back, so I decided to share. Shocking quality, turns out my scanner hates pencil, but oh well.

I managed to do Susan and Carrot before my creativity ran out. Feel free to contribute or whatever. =)
  2. Maljonic Administrator

They're pretty nice, I like both of those - Susan a bit better but they're both good. I was thinking of doing some myself, Discworld characters, buildings, places etc, but I don't think they'd be as neat as yours.
  3. Hsing Moderator

We've got a general DW art thread around, somewhere in the archives, but none for user's art so far.

And: neat!
  4. Maljonic Administrator

HalfJack, I sent you a PM - see Clacks on right hand side of front page. :)
  5. Mithras-Kosmokrator New Member

Pretty good. I agree with Maljonic that Susan's turned out best.
  6. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I think the face on Carrot is better, but the overall proportions and structure on Susan are better. Anyway, though, well done!
  7. mr_scrub New Member

Very good pictures, I disagree about Carrot's face being better. The Susan picture is better in every way.
  8. HalfJack New Member

I agree about the Susan thing, I think it's definitely the better one. It was the first one I did, kind of got me all inspired. =)

I think her face should be more Death-like, but I tried it and she looked like the bad goth kids at school.
  9. Hsing Moderator

10. Mithras-Kosmokrator New Member

The Arms of His Grace, Commander Sir Samuel Vimes, Duke of Ankh.
    Based on the illustration and description of the Vimes Family Arms in 'Feet of Clay'. The colours are taken from the black and white hatchments in the illustration; the ducal coronet is based on the English one, but with Ankhs instead of crosses and the addition of the spikes mentioned in 'Jingo'.

[IMG]
  11. Maljonic Administrator

I like it. I bet you could threedeematize that onto a shield.
  12. Mithras-Kosmokrator New Member