Speechless...

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

"Considering that over the past twelve months the stock market is up, employment has increased and the disposable income of U.S. workers has increased, do you think the news media has generally done a good job or bad job providing accurate news about the nation's economy?"
    -- question included in recent Fox News poll
  2. Tephlon Active Member

3. mowgli New Member

er... I'm sure I'd have said something brilliant if I watched Fox news :p
  4. spiky Bar Wench

Fox is owned by an Australian. Need I say more?
  5. Maljonic Administrator

I don't get it.
  6. spiky Bar Wench

Rupert Murdoch, the Australian.

Australians: Not good at reporting or sticking to the truth. Its seems to be inbuilt to elaborate unnecessarily.
  7. Maljonic Administrator

Sorry, I meant I don't get the first post - perhaps I'm being a bit slow, or am I even slower still (like Delphine slow) and not realising your post just now explains that too? :)
  8. Ba Lord of the Pies

It's a leading question, Mal. Like, "Which is better, Brand A's disgusting pudding, or Brand B's excellent, nutritious pudding?"
  9. spiky Bar Wench

In which case the only appropriate response is Brand B. Because Brand A is obviously trying to hard to prove something.
  10. KaptenKaries New Member

[quote:dfd9d5f5e9="Ba"]It's a leading question, Mal. Like, "Which is better, Brand A's disgusting pudding, or Brand B's excellent, nutritious pudding?"[/quote:dfd9d5f5e9]

Actually, that's what I thought too, but when I reread Garners quote I realised it's more like "Brand B's pudding is excellent and nutritious. Do you think we're good at telling you about puddings?"

Still a bloody stupid question.
  11. Marcia Executive Onion

I thought it was more that Fox was criticising other news sources for incorrectly suggesting that maybe there are bad things happening. :shock:
  12. Katcal I Aten't French !

Considering that people can't even aggree on what the question actually means, do you think that Fox News is good at getting information accross ? :D
  13. Angua_rox New Member

Yeah, i didn't get the question either but now i see the stupidity of it in the first place!! Funny. . . . :) :)
    But ridiculously stupid.
    But still funny :) :)
  14. Hsing Moderator

[quote:7cfc7ff21f="Katcal"]Considering that people can't even aggree on what the question actually means, do you think that Fox News is good at getting information accross ? :D[/quote:7cfc7ff21f]

Good point... :)
  15. redneck New Member

Fox News Radio is pretty good. I don't watch their television news channel, but I think all of the major news media sucks. I get most of my news from Coast to Coast AM. Who can bring you better news than the guy that's also warning you of UFO sightings, threatening asteroids, and wierd diseases?

Really though, George Noory is a great host and has some very interesting guests. Also his news is always above par. It's just that some of his guests can be a littly-bitty-bit off center. Some of his regular guests are quite interesting and knowledgeable.
  16. Roman_K New Member

[quote:771700f4c4="Marcia"]I thought it was more that Fox was criticising other news sources for incorrectly suggesting that maybe there are bad things happening. :shock:[/quote:771700f4c4]

[quote:771700f4c4="KaptenKaries"][quote:771700f4c4="Ba"]It's a leading question, Mal. Like, "Which is better, Brand A's disgusting pudding, or Brand B's excellent, nutritious pudding?"[/quote:771700f4c4]

Actually, that's what I thought too, but when I reread Garners quote I realised it's more like "Brand B's pudding is excellent and nutritious. Do you think we're good at telling you about puddings?"

Still a bloody stupid question.[/quote:771700f4c4]

Actually, I think it's a mix of the two above. "Brand B's pudding is excellent and nutritios. Do you think we're good at telling you about puddings, unlike the other agencies that tell you about puddings who are all idiots?"
  17. Katcal I Aten't French !

18. QuothTheRaven New Member

My favorite poll question:Do you think George Bush is a uniter? The result showed that the country was split down the middle.
  19. KaptenKaries New Member

20. Human New Member

Oh, that's funny. Who conducted that poll?
  21. QuothTheRaven New Member

The poll conductors slip my mind.
    (I first heard about it 2 years ago)
  22. redneck New Member

I don't know much about Snow, but my grandmother likes him as a person. She's a die-hard Democrat and she never says the word Republican without a precursor along the lines of "damned". If she thinks he's ok, then he must be a little better than the one that he's replacing.
  23. QuothTheRaven New Member

[quote:cc023f6a6f="redneck"] If she thinks he's ok, then he must be a little better than the one that he's replacing.[/quote:cc023f6a6f]
    But considering that the one he is replaceing is Scott "I can not comment on an ongoing investigation" McClellan(sp?) that is not saying much.