Star Wars - The Musical

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by OmKranti, Jul 28, 2006.

1. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Ok, before you beat me up, I just wanted to see if anyone has heard of this? I have the soundtrack and it's so bad it's hilarious, like a b-movie, you can't not watch.
  2. Garner Great God and Founding Father

i knew of a star wars disco number with R2-D2 chirping away to a bad techno beat, but never heard of a musical
  3. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Well, if you ever want to have a good laugh, I'll send it to you.
  4. Katcal I Aten't French !

I want to have a good laugh :D
  5. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

6. KaptenKaries New Member

For a good time, call 555-KRANTI.
  7. OmKranti Yogi Wench

[quote:b238484ab9="KaptenKaries"]For a good time, call 555-KRANTI.[/quote:b238484ab9]

Damn Karies, I told you keep that number on the down low.
  8. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Katcal & Grace, I have sent you the file. Enjoy!
  9. shadowgirl New Member

this is some kind of joke isn't it? Has anyone seen the Gamecube games based on star wars? The "Lucas" man does something different in each start up' I'm told...
  10. OmKranti Yogi Wench

[quote:51534639f8="shadowgirl"]this is some kind of joke isn't it? Has anyone seen the Gamecube games based on star wars? The "Lucas" man does something different in each start up' I'm told...[/quote:51534639f8]

No, it's not a joke. It was an acctual Broadway Musical. It was crap and didn't last. But the soundtrack, as I've said, is very funny. Come to think of it, I bet the play was hilarious too.
  11. shadowgirl New Member

OmKranti wrote:[quote:13571dbf0b]No, it's not a joke. It was an acctual Broadway Musical. It was crap and didn't last. But the soundtrack, as I've said, is very funny. Come to think of it, I bet the play was hilarious too.[/quote:13571dbf0b]I bet! I like Star Wars alot and have been reading a book called Eragon, which is meant to be based on Star Wars....
  12. QuothTheRaven New Member

[quote:ed51fa4c00="shadowgirl"]OmKranti wrote:[quote:ed51fa4c00]No, it's not a joke. It was an acctual Broadway Musical. It was crap and didn't last. But the soundtrack, as I've said, is very funny. Come to think of it, I bet the play was hilarious too.[/quote:ed51fa4c00]I bet! I like Star Wars alot and have been reading a book called Eragon, which is meant to be based on Star Wars....[/quote:ed51fa4c00]
    Now that you mention it, I can see elements of star wars in eragon.
  13. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I haven't read Eragon, but I know it was written by a teenager. My friend who is a bookshop manager says it rips off just about every major fantasy work that a 15 year old would probably have come across. She says it's incredibly derivative, not quite to the point of plagiarism, but close. So I'm not surprised if it contains elements of Star Wars.
  14. Garner Great God and Founding Father

*Shrug* Wheel of Time, which we're discussing in another forum, is quite derivative, and now that i think about it I'm pretty sure you could find a few star wars-esque things in it.

the problem with fantasy as a genre is that almost all of it is going to be derivative, to some degree, from human history and mythos. it's not just ripping off tolkien, for example, it's ripping off the norwegians and swedes! or maybe the germans and polish. go far enough back through any cultural mythology and eventually you hit...

ARCHETYPES!

dum dum dum!!!

think of these as the building blocks from which any story is built... or derived.

i'm workin on a setting for a role playing game and fantasy stories of my own. it's insanely derivative, but it's still an original work as far as i'm concerned.
  15. Garner Great God and Founding Father

update:

There's 'derivative', and then there's 'ripping off'.

if you take, for example, and akira kurasawa film or two, set it in space, and turn the bumbling samurai comedy characters into a couple of gay robots, and replace the katanas with light sabers, but keep the beautiful princess and the evil empire....
  16. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

My understanding is (and do bear in mind that this could be completely unfounded and erroneous, since it's only hearsay) that the boy who wrote Eragon deliberately set out to write all his favourite stories into one book for himself and his friends to enjoy. A kind of ultimate AU crossover fanfic, if you like. Then adults got hold of it and said, "Oh my, what a gifted teenager you are!" And then it got published. But, according to this friend, it still reads like a crossover fanfic written by a gifted teenager.
  17. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Grace, did you get to have a listen?
  18. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:cf5d6e096d="OmKranti"]Grace, did you get to have a listen?[/quote:cf5d6e096d]
    I didn't get any file at all now you mention it... :? How big is the file ?
  19. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Check now, you should have it. It's a zip file.
  20. spiky Bar Wench

Could I get a copy... I'm just a bit slow, but would like to have a listen.
  21. Katcal I Aten't French !

Got it thanks Om, I'll listen to it later...
  22. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I haven't listened to it yet. I will report as soon as I do!