Such a weird dream

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Buzzfloyd, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I dreamt that some guy joined the boards and that he kept sending people massive messages by PM instead of posting, and then got angry when people told him to post instead of PMing. And then we had a big flame war in which I wrote a lengthy rationale for interacting publicly instead of privately. Then we were all a bit gobsmacked when the guy conceded the point and stayed around, following the rules.

We haven't had a major flame war since we left the old boards. This shows how well our system here works. But sometimes I miss the intensity of it - not the unpleasantness, just the level of engagement.
  2. Katcal I Aten't French !

I strongly object to that sweeping statement of yours, just goes to prove that your already puny brain is being shrivelled by your crazy hormones, woman! In fact, I have a good mind to send you a lengthy PM about it just as soon as I get back from my Pro-Child-Abuse group's annual animal torturing S&M orgy in Cuba.
  3. redneck New Member

Oooh, I like Cuba.
  4. Katcal I Aten't French !

Huh. Well you would...
  5. mowgli New Member

This is too much for me! I'm starting my own board!
  6. Katcal I Aten't French !

Oh, nice, the rest of us aren't good enough for you are we not? Hah, typical pregnant eastern european types (named Inna) living in Philly, you're all the same!
  7. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Oh hell! Now you've got Kat started. PM the address ... Pretty please! :D

Just joking, Kat... put the cheese down... slowly!
  8. mowgli New Member

... and Garner hasn't stabbed ANYONE yet?
  9. plaid New Member

he must be getting old.
  10. redneck New Member

I think someone may be getting stabbed presently, though.
  11. Ba Lord of the Pies

*Stabs Joculator*
  12. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Ahhh. One is honoured to have received such a 'pie'ous comment from a crusty old, member. (exits, stage left, bleeding profusely, and uttering curses; along the lines of... "May you suffer, one thousand years, of mis-placed puctuation, to Buzzfloyd": For starting this thread.)
  13. redneck New Member

14. Garner Great God and Founding Father

*dusts off, nukes the place from orbit*

there, now in a few million years we might be lucky enough to see some radiation resistant strains of bacteria begin the whole process of life again.

to wit:

panel one: Ba, Garner, and Doors standing around a tidepool
    Ba: There! Ba is sure of it this time! Something formed a protein chain this time!
    Doors: Where?!

panel two: Garner, pushing doors into the tide pool. Ba pointing at Doors in the tide pool
    Ba: Right there. Ba hereby names it Scotus Primitivus.
    Doors: Ach.

panel three: all three standing around the tidepool again
    Garner: Is it okay for me to admin that Spore wasn't really the greatest game in the world?
    Doors: Aye.
    Ba: The Ba misses pie.
  15. Ba Lord of the Pies

Spore was a fun idea, but the individual parts of the game were each too shallow in terms of gameplay.
  16. Hsing Moderator

Didn't we get one or two posters with a persecution complex that left us soon after the first respective fallout? All relative newbies who took some discussions personal that weren't about them, and weren't seen again? I mean, sure, there's no comparison to old times... But sure, conflict forces people to identify with one side. The remaining people after a rift tend to identify with each other.
  17. spiky Bar Wench

Piffle. I don't identify with you lot. I just don't discriminate in the company I keep.

Besides its all too hard to move boards now. I've got the sofa to conform to my shape, I've got a glass of wine balanced on my belly and i have command of the remote control. As ruts go this ones pretty damn comfy...
  18. Pepster New Member

Just like old times, brings a tear to the eye and fire in the belly*.

I hate you all! Maybe, definitely, probably :wink: