Sustain me, baby.

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

"Laura and I are sustained by the prayers of millions of people. Now that's hard for some to -- I guess chew on."
    -- George W. Bush
  2. Maljonic Administrator

I don't get it?

Edit: I just Googled and found:

[quote:c5b2726b8e="George W Bush"] I told you the president's job is not to pick religion. The president's job is not to say you've got to be religious. The president's job is to say each is free to choose it. And it's really important that that be clear today, given the world in which we live. And if you're a Sikh or Muslim or - a Methodist or anybody else for that matter, it's an important message.
    Having said that, I cannot tell you how inspired and sustained and comforted I am by the fact that millions of people, many of whom I will never see, are praying for me. It's one of the most unique aspects of the presidency. I don't know any other world leaders who can say that about the people of their own country, which speaks volumes about America. Yes, it does. [/quote:c5b2726b8e]
  3. drunkymonkey New Member

[quote:11fd4bac2d="Maljonic"]I don't get it?

Edit: I just Googled and found:

[quote:11fd4bac2d="George W Bush"] I told you the president's job is not to pick religion. The president's job is not to say you've got to be religious. The president's job is to say each is free to choose it. And it's really important that that be clear today, given the world in which we live. And if you're a Sikh or Muslim or - a Methodist or anybody else for that matter, it's an important message.
    Having said that, I cannot tell you how inspired and sustained and comforted I am by the fact that millions of people, many of whom I will never see, are praying for me. It's one of the most unique aspects of the presidency. I don't know any other world leaders who can say that about the people of their own country, which speaks volumes about America. Yes, it does. [/quote:11fd4bac2d][/quote:11fd4bac2d]Arrogancy. Now [i:11fd4bac2d]that's[/i:11fd4bac2d] hard to swallow.
  4. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Actually, the leaders of each country are likely to be prayed for by millions of people.
  5. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Sounds like some kind of energy vampire sucking thing.
  6. TamyraMcG Active Member

I remember reading in my Bible about praying for the rulers of the nations because they had been put in those positions by God, and the impression that I got was that they weren't always being rewarded by their positions. It is a great test of a person to be given great power, they seldom do any better with their heavier burdens then the rest of us do with ours.

George W. Bush and many of his supporters seem to want to pick and choose. I think his assumption that other leaders are not as supported by prayer as he is one of the most arrogant and short sighted things I have ever heard about the man. I just can't comprhend any other reason he is in the place he is. but that God did put him there for some reason. I just don't believe W. has a clue to what that reason actually is.
  7. drunkymonkey New Member

[quote:2444c5e373="TamyraMcG"]I remember reading in my Bible about praying for the rulers of the nations because they had been put in those positions by God, and the impression that I got was that they weren't always being rewarded by their positions. It is a great test of a person to be given great power, they seldom do any better with their heavier burdens then the rest of us do with ours.

George W. Bush and many of his supporters seem to want to pick and choose. I think his assumption that other leaders are not as supported by prayer as he is one of the most arrogant and short sighted things I have ever heard about the man. I just can't comprhend any other reason he is in the place he is. but that God did put him there for some reason. I just don't believe W. has a clue to what that reason actually is.[/quote:2444c5e373]Oh, I think he does. But he knows in the same way that an insane person knows that there's a big purple elephant in his cell.
  8. spiky Bar Wench

Hmmm

Arrogant with hints of meglomania. Just what every world leader should aspire to.

*quivers in fear*

And I don't pray for any world leader, except maybe to hope that they could stop being so stupid.
  9. chrisjordan New Member

This made me laugh.

And also afraid.