Sweeper Activity

Discussion in 'THE TEMPLE' started by Rincewind, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I deteled the double thread that Credic posted by mistake.
  2. Tephlon Active Member

:shock: You deleted a thread by mistake?

Just kidding... :)

I thought stuff would go to the Dungeon Dimensions, with an explanatory post?
  3. Maljonic Administrator

What was it about? Was there many posts on it?
  4. Rincewind Number One Doorman

5. colonesque10 New Member

[quote:05efa39fdb="Rincewind"]It was this thread double posted: http://www.terrypratchettbooks.org/fortopic314.html

There where no posts on it.

Yeah, I should of sent it to dungoen, or stuff like this can we just delete?[/quote:05efa39fdb]

I would say if it was just a complete copy of a thread we already have and no-one had posted in it then it could be deleted straight off without having to send it to the dungeon dimensions. :)
  6. Rincewind Number One Doorman

No one asked for your stinky opinion!
  7. Maljonic Administrator

I agree with his opinion, even though it pongs to high heaven. :)
  8. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I agree with Kenny.

What's that smell?
  9. Maljonic Administrator

It's Kenny, yes, that's who I agree with. :)
  10. colonesque10 New Member

Now you all agree with me please send me cheques for $1000 made out to a Nuno Valente Rodriguez.

And as for you Rinso, please just die. Save yourself decades of hurt and just die now. Thankyee. :)
  11. Garner Great God and Founding Father

for insurance, lock the duplicate, move it to the dungeon dimension, and confirm prior to deletion.

if it's a dupe with no reply, that's a bit excessive, but hell it ain't gonna kill us.
  12. Rincewind Number One Doorman

* Dies*

...God, even on the other side I can still smell your shit ridden stench!
  13. colonesque10 New Member

[quote:09159c74b3="Rincewind"]* Dies*

...God, even on the other side I can still smell your shit ridden stench![/quote:09159c74b3]

I pride myself on my stench. But the fact that you can smell it on the other side must surely promote me to the rank of stenchworm number four. A proud, proud day for the Jackson household. :cooler:
  14. Rincewind Number One Doorman

You say 'household', what you [i:05c25adfa3]mean[/i:05c25adfa3] is dirty Skiphold.
  15. colonesque10 New Member

[quote:7254d083c8="Rincewind"]You say 'household', what you [i:7254d083c8]mean[/i:7254d083c8] is dirty Skiphold.[/quote:7254d083c8]

How can you always see the hurt and lies that lie dormant in my soul Rinso, you have a special gift for that. I of course mean skiphold and that's being nice to my residence. I live in my own filth that doesn't even seem to want to live with me anymore. I drink from the toilet and have been known to, on more than one occasion, eat toast toppers. Feel pity for me people, pity. :( and Bob.
  16. Ba Lord of the Pies

Ba disagrees.

To call Colonesque's opinion "stinky" is to insult garbage dumps the world over.
  17. colonesque10 New Member

[quote:8625513322="Ba"]Ba disagrees.

To call Colonesque's opinion "stinky" is to insult garbage dumps the world over.[/quote:8625513322]

I take that as a compliment Ba, I thank you for taking time out of your busy pie schedule to make it. Thank you. :)
  18. Ba Lord of the Pies

Yes, well, noblesse oblige, and all that.
  19. Maljonic Administrator

I just gave Smoking_Gnu a warning about cheating on the games; he scored 11 out of 10 on the Discworld Quiz, which is of course impossible.

Now he says he has no idea how it happened and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt being new and all, and perhaps there is a way to do this by accident - if anyone knows how please let us know.

Anyway I just deleted his score on that game and stated that cheating and underhand behaviour of any kind anywhere on the site could lead to a permanent ban.

It's not so much that the games are a big deal as far as I'm concerned, just that we probably would rather not interact with people who'd want to cheat on them. That's my opinion.

Anyway, in all likelihood Smoking_Gnu hasn't done anything intentionally wrong, with some help I'm looking into some code to prevent this kind of thing in the future (there'll always be a smart arse now and again who'll have a go at cheating game scores though); I just wanted this to be a warning to anyone who is thinking about cheating now or in the future that ALL their scores will be removed entirely and all their effort will be for nothing.
  20. Garner Great God and Founding Father

given the weirdness with poll results i heard about, i would wonder if this might not be a rare and bizzare scripting bug somehow?

still, i agree with the warning.

the thing about a 'first warning' is that it's nothing but a warning. it doesn't mean you can't post, it doesn't mean you owe a fine, it just means you've been notified of a potential source of contention or problem that needs to be addressed.