Terry on TV - The Postcode Lottery.

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Joculator, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

For all of you who can receive UK TV broadcasts, Panorama (BBC One - 8:30pm) is discussing the issue of drugs available to sufferers of Alzheimers.
    Terry has been interviewed for the show and, no doubt, will be giving a strong argument against the governments decision to stop giving certain drugs to early-stage sufferers: One of which has been particularly helpful with his own fight against the condition.

There is a news item here that provides more details on Terry's thoughts.

I can certainly agree with his comments about the 'NHS priorities'.
    1 people like this.
  2. Maljonic Administrator

Thanks, I will watch that.
  3. TheJackal Member

Just missed it! What was the general gist?
  4. Katcal I Aten't French !

Crap. Just saw this, missed it. Any idea if it will be run past our tired brains again?
  5. Maljonic Administrator

You could always watch it on BBCiPlayer for the next week. To be honest it was pretty dull though, apart from Terry's bit, banging on about the same thing in typical Panorama fashion. You got the idea after the first 10 minutes, but they stretched the theme out for half an hour. It is an important subject, but they could have done it better I think. It was about the availability of medicines in general really, not just for Alzheimer's.
  6. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Sorry I misled you guys, I agree the thing was typical BBC crap. Once again, they use the name of a well known celebrity to drag in the fans and increase their audience figures.

Anyone can make a mistake.

Speaking of which, take a look at this link and see if you can spot this monster blooper by a well known Sunday newspaper.

Spot the Mistake - Here
  7. Maljonic Administrator

The sufferer wrote the title but forgot he also has dyslexia.

Also: "It strips away our humanity a little bit at a time so you hardly notice and until you end up a vegetable."