The best response to Dumbledore's outting I've seen so far...

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

2. Maljonic Administrator

Is this just a publicity gimmick then? I never read any of the books or watched the films so I don't know if it makes any difference, is Rowling trying to suggest that Dumbledore had secret urges towards Harry?
  3. Katcal I Aten't French !

So he's gay, so was Gandalf, and Kirk and Spock, and Frodo, and I'm sure that Beowulf guy had some weird lines too... Who cares ?
  4. mazekin Member

People will always see what they want to see - There are thousands of fanfiction storys out there to prove it.
    None in the ones I write though :wink:
  5. Garner Great God and Founding Father

dumbledore being gay only really impacts on his friendship with another wizard that gets revealed in the final book. harry learns that in his youth, dumbledore was NOT a champion of muggle rights, and actually espoused wizard supremacist views.

rowling has said, when she outted dumbledore, that he was infatuated with another wizard who was a bit on the dark side, which was probably what lead to him espousing those view points.

its only really important because the final book is the one where harry learns a lot more about dumbledore and has to question if his respect and adoration was well placed or if dumbledore had just been using him.

i'm inclined to say that dumbledore DID like harry, but was also simultaneously using him as a pawn. i don't see the two as mutually incompatible.